Chapter 1: The problem

[A/N]
Hello! So the author's note will be at the start in this chapter cuz the way this chapter ended, I think the note wouldn't fit. Next up will be a sort-of solution to their problem for now. Hope y'all like it!

"Hey Chaeyoung. Are you guys coming over today?" Jimin asked hopefully. He heard Chaeyoung suck in a breath and sigh, and he knew the answer before he even heard it. "Sorry Jiminnie. We need to practice our new songs in time for our comeback. Next week maybe?" Chaeyoung asked. Jimin sighed and replied with an "okay" before hanging up. He tossed his phone on his bed and ran a hand through his still uncombed hair. He had called Chaeyoung the moment he had woken up, simply because he missed her that much. They hadn't met in a week because of practices and preparation for their tour and comeback. Not that they hadn't tried meeting. They called each other everyday, trying to squeeze in time for even a short break together, much less a meal. But time was not on their side. Constant practices, vocal lessons, photoshoots, recording and much more prevented all the couples from meeting. The public was already starting rumours of break ups and that wasn't helping either. Both managers have tried to get both groups to meet again, but their schedules just wouldn't fit. It was a mess and all Jimin wanted was to get over with it. A soft knock on his door made him jump in surprise. "Yeah?" Jimin called out, voice slightly hoarse from just getting out of bed awhile ago. "It's me hyung! Come out for breakfast. Jin hyung made eggs and bacon." Jungkook said before he padded into the living room. Jimin knew he missed Lisa too. He had seen Jungkook replaying Blackpink's performances in the middle of the night and sometimes Taehyung or Jin would be there with him. Chaeyoung had also told him Jisoo had had "Awake" on repeat for days in the living room. Lisa was always eating cookie and cream ice cream now too. Jennie would be at the Gucci nearest BTS's dorm in hopes to bump into her boyfriend on alternate days. It was that bad. Even the other hyungs missed the girls. Namjoon would randomly rap their songs and Hoseok would suddenly burst into a Boombayah move with Yoongi laughing by his side. Jimin washed up and slipped on his bedroom slippers before going out.

"Hey Jiminnie. Want some coffee?" Yoongi asked. "Yeah, thanks hyung." Jimin replied with a small smile. He joined Hoseok and Taehyung at the dining table, grabbing a plate and some food for himself. They were talking about some new show, food flying out of their mouths sometimes. Jimin laughed when Hoseok smacked Taehyung's head playfully. Taehyung scowled at them both before eating again. "Here you go." Yoongi said as he placed the mug in front of Jimin before taking a seat opposite him. "You okay, Chim? You seem stressed." Yoongi stated. Usually, he would be the one stressed out and Jimin would be there to brighten his day. It worried him when the maknaes, the usual crazy, loud, way too hyper for their age, were sad. Even Jin seemed distant these days. "I'm fine hyung. I just miss them. So much." Jimin mumbled as he poked at the bacon going cold on his plate. "I know Jimin, I miss them too. But look on the bright side. Once we're finished with the tour, we get a long break and we can spend as much time as we want hanging out with them." Yoongi said. "And it's not like it's the end of the world. Let's work hard for them okay? Then we'll be there to cheer them on for their comeback." Yoongi said. Jimin cheered up a little at his words. He gave Yoongi his best smile. "Thanks hyung. Don't worry about me, I'll be okay." Jimin said and Yoongi nodded before sipping his own coffee. "Finish up soon. We have practice." Yoongi reminded before he walked off to the kitchen. And Jimin couldn't help thinking bitterly, "Don't we always?"

"Unnie! Where's my phone?" Jennie asked as she rummaged through her bag. "Umm, on the couch." Jisoo replied. "Thanks!" Jennie yelled as she ran into the living room. She located her phone and quickly unlocked it. A notification from V Live had just come in. It was BTS. "They're having a live guys!" Jennie announced. The rest huddled around her on the couch. "Comment something!" Jisoo said excitedly. "Okay. Let's just say hi." Jennie said as she typed. Unfortunately, the message wasn't read since so many comments were streaming in. "I know! Let's start a live too! Jungkookie told me they follow us so they would know if we start a live." Lisa said. Chaeyoung grabbed her phone and quickly started a live. On her phone, Jennie heard Jungkook tell his hyungs about the notification he received. Namjoon asked a staff, "Can we watch it?" Awhile later, BTS had commented on Blackpink's live. "Hello! I missed you all." Jisoo said into Chaeyoung's phone. "We're watching your live now!" Chaeyoung said excitedly, turning the phone to Jennie. She waved and showed the camera her phone. "Kookie!" Lisa exclaimed. "Hey Lisa!" Jungkook said, waving at her. They were communicating through the V Lives for an hour or so, the fans going crazy about the interaction. Some fans even created a new account to watch both at the same time. It was difficult and messy, but it worked. "We need to go now. Bye guys!" Jisoo said. "Bye Chi Chu! Love you!" Jin yelled, making hand hearts at Jisoo. Jisoo grinned at gave him a Blackpink heart in return. (You know when Lisa does the "내 심장의 색깔은 black" part in the MV.) "Ahh cute!" Lisa and Chaeyoung squealed, making Jisoo blush. "Bye Oppas! Bye Tae Tae! 사랑해 ❤️." Jennie typed in. Taehyung read it and did aegyo for her. "See you guys next time! Bye!" Hoseok greeted as the live ended. "That was fun." Lisa said. "Yeah. We should do that again soon. And that ended the rumours as well, since we're obviously still dating." Jennie said. "Two birds with one stone. Nice. Come on girls, go change so we can go for practice." Jisoo said, shooing the girls into their rooms. Lisa giggled and closed her door so she could change. She pulled out a pullover Jungkook had given her from their last sleepover. It smelt faintly like him and the clothes freshener Jin had made them use. She pulled it on and changed into some black shorts. It reminded her of him. Reminded her how much she missed him, how much he missed her, too. And maybe that was better than not missing each other at all.