4 - Some Like It Soaked

~ You're so hypnotizing. Could you be the devil? Could you be an angel? ~

  Could you be the devil?  Could you be an angel?  ~

👄 Nicollete💄

👄 Nicollete💄

"No, I can't go, but thank you for the invite," I replied to the person standing next to me: Professor Malorie who most graciously took the ancient mirror out of my apartment. Oddly enough, when he admired the thing and even touched it, nothing happened to him. It ultimately led me to believe that its curse - if it was even called one - had already glued on me and it was nowhere near transferring to another poor soul.

But whatever. I am just happy enough that it's out of my hair for good.

"Are you sure? You are our sponsor too.  You helped us quite a lot with establishing the museum."  The Professor looked at me with disbelief.

"I...I have other plans for the night, Professor," I sheepishly said.  I do have one and it was a date with my paint brushes and easel.  Ever since I left Malta, I hadn't finished the painting I was commissioned to do by a movie actress.  The deadline was still by the end of the month though, twenty more days to go but still, my hands itched to hold the brush.

"Okay, but if you change your mind, here's the invite."  He looked at me with understanding and then handed the green card.

"Alright, thank you."  I took it and nodded at him with a smile.

I closed the door once he left; taking a deep, relieving breath for finally the source of my problem was gone.  Maybe for a die-hard fan of fantasy and supernatural, they'd accept their fate of being cursed and thrown in a different world, but not me.  I value my sanity and life.  I'm surrounded with too much weirdness ever since I became an archaeologist and I don't want an additional.

"I'm fine. Everything's going to be fine. That mirror is gone now," I whispered to myself as I made my way into the kitchen.

*

*

*

"Stop it.  Stop it!" I shouted and threw the paint brush into the wall, fed up with a faint female echo in my ears.  Eight hours past since this morning, I had hoped that everything in my normal life would return.  I didn't expect that the mirror would still hunt me by using a female echo, making sure I'd be uncomfortable the rest of the day since its departure from my bedroom.