Part 10

Natasha

Steve was dancing with Sharon, he was smiling at her, holding her gently, twirling her, and pulling her close.
My heart beat raced, the adrenaline rushed into my veins. I felt so angry, so annoyed.

Sam on the other hand, blocked my view, time and again. I didn't want to dance!!! I was not in the mood at all, but he insisted and I had no option.

Sharon was blushing and smiling, and it made my stomach twist, I felt sick.

"Sam! I'm not feeling so good" I said and moved away.

I stormed off, in extreme anger, and almost tripped over my dress, but was caught in time. His arm prevented the fall, as I held onto it for support.

"Careful" he said.

"I don't need your help" I said in anger, and standing up, I left.

Moving back to my seat, I picked up James and held him close. He was asleep, he adjusted in my arms, and continued his slumber.

I just want my son, nothing else. It's all his father's fault. I told him to go, I told him to leave me, but he didn't, and today he is a bad habit I'm having trouble letting go.

"Let him sleep, your movement might disturb him" Laura sat by my side.

"I was holding onto him for some inner peace" I said, laying him back in the cot.

"Natasha, stop doing this to yourself" she started.

"Laura can you look after him for a while, I'll just be back" I quickly got up, she nodded, and I walked away. Ignorance was bliss, so much better then baseless arguments.

I stood by the bar counter, lost in thoughts. When all of a sudden, he pulled me, and rushed me to a side, pinning me to one of the pillars.

"What are you doing? " I asked, shocked.

He turned me, my chest hit the pillar, not hardly. He moved hair from my back, and I felt his fingers on my back.

"What are you doing? " I asked again, in anger.

"You dress is loose" he said, and I felt his fingers, tying a knot.

The dress tightened around my chest, as he pulled the strings. His touch send shivers down my spine.

"Done" he said.

I turned to face him, he was crowding my space, my body brushed his, as I moved.

"Thanks" I said, unable to look into his eyes, my cheeks flushed, my heartbeat raced, and breaths got heavier.

"You look beautiful " he said.

"Thank you" I said, trying to look at him, nervously, I tug a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Steve" Sharon cried behind him, "there you are" she came closer and dragged him away, "I was looking everywhere.. " and they walked away.

My chest felt heavy, constricted, as if a huge weight was placed on it. A lone tear, escaped my eye.

Wiping it, I walked back to my baby, who was now awake, and in Laura's lap.

"I think he is hungry" she said.

"Yeah, he must be" I said taking him from her, "Come Neve, let's go back to our room"

I walked out of the hall, and headed back to our room, there was nothing left for me to do there.

*****

Steve

Natasha looked so lost, so drained. She looked breathtakingly beautiful, but her joyfulness was lost.
The smile, the glowing eyes, I missed all of that so much. And on top, Sharon behaved as if we were getting back together.

"Sharon, I need to make something clear to you" I said, as we sat on the bar chairs.

"Tell me" she said sipping on her champagne.

"I love Natasha" I said, I wanted to make it clear, just in case, she had some other opinion.

"I know" she said with a smile, "The way you look at her, the way your breaths change when she is near, I can easily make out what you feel for her"

"Thanks Sharon" I said, not knowing what else to say.

"She will come back to you, I am sure of that, just give her some time" she put her hand on mine.

"I'm going to see James" I got off the seat. This conversation was getting awkward.

"Okay, can I join you? " she asked.

"Sure" I couldn't refuse.

We walked towards Natasha's room, and I stopped.

"I'll wait" she said, I nodded and then turned the knob.

Natasha was on the bed, with James in her arms.

"Can I? " I asked.

"Yeah" she said, handing him to me, and then Sharon entered behind me.

Natasha's face turned red, she was clearly angry.

Sharon stood by my side, and caressed James's cheeks.

But Natasha got off the bed, and took James from my arms, and laying him carefully in the cot she burst out.

"Get out of here" she yell, "don't you dare come near my son again! " she said to Sharon.

Sharon had tears in her eyes, "I'm sorry " she said and ran out of the room.

I didn't have any words either, I leaned down, kissed James's head, and silently moved out of the room too.

My phone beeped and I read the text message.

You have to go on a mission.. for 3 months.

Closing my eyes, I sighed. And then made up my mind.

Okay.

I replied and entered my room to pack my stuff.

****

Poor Steve, he has to go for three long months. And Natasha is such a jealous soul 😂.Do give your reviews