1

Chapter 1

"CALLAHAN!" One of the men yelled and I prepped the sand covered table the best I could as they brought the bleeding soldier in. The 3 men carrying him placed him down on the table and I looked over at the other MC who was present during the event. 

"He um, he has a grenade in his um, in his stomach..." He gulped and I nodded, putting on my glasses and gloves. 

"GREEN, COME HERE AND CREATE A LINE!" I yelled, grabbing a tube off one of the racks. "You're O neg, right?" I gulped and the young soldier nodded. "I need you to sit here, and create a line of blood!" I sighed, placing one end of the tube in the bleeding soldier's arm. Gently yet efficiently, I placed the other end in Green's arm. "IS THIS CONNOR?" I yelled and the other MC just stood there. "I need a clap!" I hissed, grabbing a scalpel. I cut open his abdomen and was astonished by the amount of blood. "SUCTION!" I yelled and the other MC quickly stepped in. "They ruptured the aorta..." I spat, trying to clamp the artery shut. "He's either going to die from the grenade going off or he's going to bleed out!" I looked over at Shane, my fellow MC and he shook his. 

"Let's get the grenade out quickly!" He gulped and I nervously bit the inside of my lip

"How the hell are we going to do that without the whole damn camp blowing up?!" I growled and Shane grabbed my hand, pulling me out of the tent

"Casey, you need to calm down!" He yelled. "You need to-" 

"That's quite an impressive resume Ms. Callahan! An MC over in Afghanistan?" The man looked at me and I nodded slightly, snapping out of my daze. 

"Yes sir! On duty for 25 months..." I gulped.

"Well, what brings you back over here to Chicago as a trainer? You have much more than the basic qualifications!" He laughed slightly and I shrugged.

"I was feeling worn down! I hoped that this, this job would keep me in the medical field but would be the least tiring option of them all!" I smiled softly. 

"Well, you have so much more then the requirements for the job! It'd be an honor to have someone of your skills work for us here at the Cubs! The job is yours Ms. Callahan!" He smirked, standing up. 

"Thank you sir!" I stood up, shaking his hand. "Thank you very much!" I smiled, flashbacks of my past replaying in my head.