3

Chapter 3

"So you were an MC in Afghanistan?" The man looked back at me and I nodded. 

"Yeah! Served 25 months over there! Saw a lot of good men die..." I gulped and the man nodded. 

"Well don't worry, nothing that gory will be going on here! Maybe a few broken bones, concussions, torn ligaments, sprained ankles, or cuts, but that's about it!" He sighed.

"Good!" I laughed slightly.

"What made you want to come into the athletic training aspect of medicine?"

"I was feeling pretty beaten up, both mentally and emotionally, after those 25 months so, I needed a nice break but I couldn't get away from medicine! It's all I know!" I shrugged, crossing my arms. 

"How old are you? You can't be a day over 25!" He raised an eyebrow and I laughed. 

"I just turned 25 2 weeks ago on the 2nd!" I smiled. 

"Wow! When were you serving?" He gasped. 

"I went over a month after my 22nd birthday and I came home when I was 24! I've been working in an ER minutes from a base in San Antonio fro the past year." I sighed. 

"How did you accomplish med school that fast!" He gulped and I shook my head. 

"I graduated high school at 16 and went straight to army med from there!" I smiled softly and the guy shook his head. 

"That's incredible!" He laughed. "I'm David by the way, David Ross!" He smiled, sticking his hand out. 

"It's a pleasure to meet you David!" I shook his hand, smiling at him. 

"This, Doctor Callahan, is our med center!" He smirked, opening the door to a large facility. 

"Wow!" I laughed, running in like a kid running down the stairs on christmas morning. "This place is amazing!" I gasped, looking around, mesmerized by all the stuff they had. "This is the best stuff I've ever seen in my life!" I smiled, looking through drawers at all the utensils they had. 

"Well, we only have the best here in Chicago Dr. Callahan!" David smirked. "I'll leave you alone here to explore! I'll be in the clubhouse if you need anything!" He gulped and i nodded. 

"I'll try not to get lost or cause too much trouble!" I sighed, inspecting everything. 

"Goodbye Doc!" He laughed before walking out.