7

Chapter 7

"The man is seizing. He came in here complaining about a migraine causing neck stiffness. He said he has chronic migraines but this was unbearable. His father had a brain tumor so we ordered a CT scan and an MRI. Both came back negative so we were going to order a spinal tap and an angiogram but, he lost consciousness and began seizing!" Rick sighed as I quickly threw off my Cub's polo. 

"Kent, toss me some scrubs!" I yelled and he whistled, tossing me a blue scrub top. "I know, i'm losing it! I went from an 8-pack to a 6-pack!" I smirked, throwing it on. "Where is he?" I sighed, running along side Rick. 

"He's in the OR, floor 2!" He mumbled, sprinting up the stairs.

When we got up there, we quickly scrubbed in and walked in on a neurosurgeon checking his vitals. 

"I didn't want to operate until I had Casey check! I think he's hemorrhaging!" He gulped and I nodded, grabbing the light out of Rick's pocket. 

"Doctor Sosa!" I sighed, lifting up the patients eye lids, checking the pupils. 

"Doctor Callahan!" She laughed and I rolled my eyes, laughing slightly. "Never thought I'd see you in an OR again!" She gulped and I shrugged. 

"Duty calls!" I sighed, placing the light back in Rick's pocket. "Dilated pupils, it's a subarachnoid hemorrhage! You need to get in there and clamp the artery asap!" I gulped. 

"Scalpel!" Dr. Sosa huffed, sticking her hand out. "I bet you missed every minute of this Case!" She looked over at me before making an incision on the man's head.