4

Chapter 4

"Hey, you open for business?" A soft voice chuckled and I turned around, smiling brightly. 

"Yeah!" I laughed, putting down the suture needle that I found in one of the drawers. "What can I help you with?" I smiled, walking over to the man. 

"I just need my ankle taped!" He sighed, hoping onto one of the tables. I nodded, grabbing the pre-wrap and the tape before rolling the stool over. I sat down and placed the man's foot on my leg as I pulled out a piece of royal blue pre-wrap. "So, you were a medic overseas?" He smirked and I nodded. 

"Yeah! My biggest accomplishments and medical achievements happened over there!" I sighed, beginning to wrap his foot. 

"What's the coolest thing you did over there?" He smiled softly and I shook my head. 

"That's a tough one!" I laughed. "One guy, he um, he had a grenade in his abdomen. It was placed between the large and the small intestine! We basically had to connect him to another guy to give us a blood supply while we tried to fix things! The um, the group who put it in him actually severed his aorta, your largest and most important vain, so we had to basically clamp that shut and keep him connect to the other guy to um, to keep him alive!" I sighed, rubbing on the end of the tape.

"Wow!" He gulped, shaking his head. "What ended up happening?" He looked at me and I shook my head. 

"Kris! Let's go!" The manager, Joe, yelled and the guy hopped off the table. 

"I'll save the ending for your next visit!" I smiled, standing up and the guy nodded. 

"You better!" He smirked before running out.