I'll Protect You

10:02 pm
"Please be careful, and don't get separated from the group! And if you have an emergency just call me. I'll be right over. And don't forget-"
You chuckled shoving a lipstick inside your wristlet.
"Rei, I'll be fine! It's just a night out with some friends. I'm a big girl! I can take care of myself." You kissed his cheek as you walked out.
"I love you." You said finally, closing and locking the door to your apartment.
"I love you too." He sighed as he grabbed your cat Koko in his arms.
She purred happily as he rubbed her head.
"You'll keep me company right?" He asked Koko.
1:33 am
After a fun girls night out, you and your friends decided to get some snacks at a local convenience store. Unfortunately for you,
they'd met a group of guys there, who ever so kindly offered an "after party".
You stayed behind, alone, to call a cab home. At first, you hadn't even noticed the guy carefully following you through the small store. You were increasingly becoming more worried however, because the guy was getting bolder by the second. Stealing glances at your legs, or chest indiscreetly.
You pulled out your purse to find both your phone and wallet to pay for the snacks.
As you reached in for your wallet, you realized something. IT WASN'T THERE ANYMORE. Your eyes widened. You'd definitely had it at the club, you remembered getting a drink and then- and then placing it beside you in the bar counter. Shit. You'd definitely forgotten it there. How the hell would you pay for a cab? (MORE IMPORTANTLY HOW U FINNA PAY FOR THE SNACKS)
You backed away from the cash register. And then you felt him. That creepy dude following you around the store a few minutes ago; yeah him. He was literally so close to you, your bodies touched. You jumped and turned around. "What're you doing? Get away from me." You glared at him.
He feigned an apologetic expression, paid for a pack of cigarettes, and exited the store. You weren't stupid though, you could see him standing right on the corner outside, waiting for you to get out.There was no way in hell you were stepping out of the store. You grabbed your phone, and dialed the one person you knew you could count on.  He answered immediately.
//Babe? What's wrong?// You could hear the grogginess in his voice, and felt a thousand times worse for disrupting his sleep.
//I'm kinda in need of some help. I'm stranded at the 711 by Cherry street, without money, and I'm pretty sure there's a guy outside planning on attacking me.//
You sighed as you realized how pathetic you sounded. //I'm on my way, stay put.// He hung up.
You continued to walk around the store, trying to calm your anxiety.
After a few minutes though, the cashier commented on your walking.
"Hey, if you're just gonna walk around, you have to leave." He said simply.
"I would, but I'm waiting on someone." You replied.
"You can wait outside can't you?" He retorted.
Your expression soured.
"There's a creepy guy out there and-" you tried to explain.
"I don't see anyone. It's just policy, get out of I'll have to call the cops." He intervened.
Asshole.
You stepped out, and looked around you. Reita would be here soon. Everything was fine, the guy was seemingly gone. Of course no one would wait that long outside right?
Wrong. " I was starting to think you'd stay in there forever." You turned to see the man, come out from the shadows.
"My boyfriend's coming, I'm not interested." You replied confidently.
He STILL didn't get the message. He only lurked closer to you. Grazing your arm with his hand, he smiled. "He doesn't have to know, know does he?"
Before you could even blink, a fist collided with the man's face. Reita. Thank god.
"What the fuck are you doing! I'll kill you if you even look at her again!" You had to physically pry Reita off the guy before he really did kill him.
He turned to you.
"I told you to be safe! Why were you alone?!" He yelled.
You looked at the ground.
"I'm sorry... They followed a group of guys to a hotel, and... I was going to get a cab."
Tears welled up in your eyes.
"And..I lost my wallet, and then this creep was following me around...thanks for coming." You wiped your eyes roughly.
Reita groaned and pulled your head into his shoulder.
"Don't cry... Please. I hate it when you cry. You're safe, I won't let anyone hurt you." He reassured you. "I know... I love you." He pulled your hand towards his car. "Let's go home. I was in the middle of my beauty sleep." You giggled as you looked down at his clothes. He wore an oversized hoodie, a pair of sweatpants, and your hello kitty slippers. " I like the slippers," you pointed at his feet which were much too big for the shoes you noted, "but they look oddly familiar." You laughed.
"I ran out, and these just so happened to be the first shoes I saw. " He laughed alongside you. "You're lucky you didn't see my heels then." You cackled.