chapter five

t r i g g e r    w a r n i n g

a/n; sorry for so much of josh's POV i just enjoy writing in it lol + no recap for this one bc it picks up after a time skip. this is dedicated to BewareTheBatDuck and rosie_lily_mione thanks for reading!!

josh's POV

i wake up to my phone buzzing in my pocket and pressure on my side and my arm. i look to my left and see tyler sleeping with his back against me on top of my arm. i move him a little so that i can free my arm and pull my phone out of my pocket. the little screen lights up and shows the messages;

cooking group!!

emma: Good morning everyone!! We're still meeting for lunch today, right?

ugh. i forgot about the lunch. i look at the clock and see that it's 10am. lunch is at 12. i look back down and continue reading the messages.

shawn: Yeah, i'll be there!!

alec: olive garden, right?

emma: Yes, here's the address again: insert address here

alec: ok i'll be there

jesse palmer: I can come, right?

emma: Yeah, sure Jesse!

j-hutch: Jen and I will be there!

i should probably reply even though the text was sent 30 minutes ago. i don't want to force tyler to go because i know that he most likely won't want to. i'll try to get him to go i guess.

josh: sorry for the late response, tyler and i will try to make it!

emma: Okay everyone, see you then!!

i shake tyler a little to try to wake him up. "tyler," i say softly,"we need to get up soon."

he groans then rolls over so that he's facing me and stretches.

"we should probably go to that lunch thing today, remember?"

"yeah," he says with, once again, a blank expression. we both sit up more in the bed and lean against the headboard.

"how're you feeling?" i ask even though i already know his answer.

"fine." lies. i look at him in the eyes.

"i know you're not 'fine' tyler," i say,"i want to help you though. and for me to do that you have to tell me what's wrong and how you really feel. i don't want to drag you to this lunch if you don't want to go. we don't have to. i told emma that we'll try to make it but it's ok if you don't want to."

he looks right into my eyes and says,"i'll try." i pull him into a hug and he puts his head down on my shoulder.

"thanks tyjo," i say and rub his back. we stay like this for a while before i say,"we should probably get ready soon."

"prolly..." he says. neither of us release each other from the hug.

"are you hungry? should we go get breakfast first?" i ask.