Prologue: Time in death

I looked out to the vast expanse of war laden land. Destroyed by years of unbridled destruction, all caused by one being created to bring forth the end of an era and the end of a world. I am one of the few remaining that have been fighting this losing battle, a battle I was meant to fight for the opposite side. The minor attacks being preformed by my side would as always prove to bring no success.

I turned and walked towards the ritual that was being held to send me to a time I would never know how to live or survive in. A time that has been dead for many years. I looked at the relics that were scattered around and then to those who were using the last of their power to open a Lynch to the time period I would be going to. "How much longer until the portal is ready?" I said in a distressed tone looking back towards the battlefeild making sure that nothing would be coming to attack us from behind.

"It is almost ready" Selene said as she put some of her own energy into it struggling to supply the power needed to keep the portal intact. Valin gently grabbed her by the arm helping her stay stable.

"Mother don't push yourself to death yet" he said as she looked at him with a weakened stare her eyes nearly glazed over.

""You better not fuck this up Loki or we will all have used up all of our power for nothing but a trip to a past you will only see once" David said in a snide tone looking at the portal. "Please make sure our deaths are not in vain Loki"

"I won't, I promise that I will not mess this up, and i know that starting back before all of this begins i cannot say anything about the future or how i have most of the items that others have in that time period" I said feeling emotions that I had locked deep inside of me many years. I looked at all of those before me who were giving up everything for just one person to go back knowing that I could possibly fail.

"Make sure that you stay in her circle of friends even if you have to make up a lie that may not be too convincing, make sure that you do not tell her until after the time she is supposed to die" David continued as he poured more power from a relic into the portal.

"Anything else I should know before I hope through the portal that might land me somewhere wrong?" I said looking back towards the battlefield as the ground started to shake lightly causing the others to look towards the battlefield as well. "You best make that portal ready for me right now"

"Everyone put your asses into work." David yelled as he stood grabbing his sword walking up to me. "You best be ready to go through that thing we will make sure he doesn't get to where you are"

"The fact that he can probably get to where I will be in time is not comforting at all" I said under my breath as I looked back to the battlefield yet again before walking towards the portal looking into the blue vortex of energy that would lead to the biggest change in known history.

I felt a hand touch mine causing me to look and see Selene looking at up at me with hope in her eyes. "Please do not fail where I have failed..."

"I won't Selene and I promise you that she will live to see the next day" I said reassuring myself more than her.  The ground started to rumble more and more frequently as the others hurried to get the portal ready.

"He is almost here hurry your asses up!" David yelled as he readied his stance as a few others went to stand beside him. I looked back to Selene who was looking back towards the others before ahe looked back to me.

"Do not let her befriend Lance at any cost" she said as the portal started pulsating as if it were a loving thing. "The portal is ready, proceed through the portal there is no time to waste." I nodded before turning towards the portal walking till i was right in front of it turning to see the others engaging a man in a black cloak. "Go Loki, go!" Selene yelled urgently as I hurried through the portal everything going black.

Selene looked at the man in the black cloak as he walked slowly towards her his sword covered in blood. "You know this will only end in more bloodshed." Selene said in a low tone awaiting for what was to happen next.

"It will result in a lot more bloodshed, you cannot escape the end only hold back what is destined to happen." the man said as he plunged his sword through her chest watching the life flow out of her immortal body. "It did not have to end this way."

Thank you for reading the prologue feel free to comment/favorite/ and share!