Chapter 1

*9 years ago* You hopped off the last step of the Gotham Elementary school bus. You held onto both straps as you skipped to your front door of your two story home with small giggles. "Mama. Dad. I'm back from school."

You shut the door and looked around, you threw your backpack down to the side like you always did after arriving home. You took of your dress shoes as well, you had to wear them like every other girl did.

The school required a dress code, the females had to wear skirts of any color with a black polo shirt, while the boys were aloud to wear any color polo shirt with blue or tan jeans.

Today your mother dressed you in all black, even your knee high socks matched. You ran into the kitchen, seeing no one there made you give a sealed lips, but once you saw your father's brown, leather bag he took to work, you smiled and knew he would be in the living room.

"Daddy, I'm ho-." You stopped in the entry way, your hand was placed on the border of the no-doors doorway. You double blinked seeing your father's hands on unfamiliar women's hips as her hands were wrapped around his neck. You watched them kiss, like your mom and dad did when your father thanked your mother for dinner.

The stranger gave a faint gasp after making eye contact with you. Your father did the same shorty after with parted lips of his own. "Dad.." the women took a couple of steps back before she walked past you, her heels clamping loudly and quickly until she made it out the door.

You watched your dad rub the back of his head, doing small steps around you as you made a gesture to take a step back. He looked at you then grabbed your arms softly like he did when you were scared or sad, and when he tried to calm you. "(Y/-." "That wasn't Mom-." "Sh. I know. Don't say anything. Understand me?"

You stared into your father's eyes, giving a small swallow before giving a head nod, then looking back to see your beautiful mother step behind you. She was smiling, making your dad do the same and lean up to kiss her. "What's up with the two of you?" "I was just telling (Y/n) that she will be helping me cook dinner tonight."

After seeing that, you never saw your Dad the same again, neither did you see your Mom the same. You felt hurt seeing your Mother be blinded by your Father's lies. You did see the women more often after that, when you were thirteen, you seen your father getting into her car while your mother was at work.

Your heart ached, but you eventually went numb after your father divorced your mother, claiming she worked too much and she wasn't in your life as much. You were fourteen when that happened. You had no say for you didn't feel any pity for your mother, any anger for your father, or any sorrow for yourself. You felt as if you were and labeled yourself to be. Numb.

*present day* The lyrics of your favorite song flowed through both years when you placed in your right headphone. You were walking home from, it was only about eight through ten blocks away from your home, which you still lived at with your mother.

You were seventeen now, turning eighteen in three months. You attended Gotham High School now, where they still had uniforms required. The boys wore like the elementary and junior high boys did. The girls the same way, only now in high school, any color or pattern skirt was allowed with any color polo shirt, and any pair of shoes.

You had your face towards the side walk, mouthing the lyrics as you swayed your head. You held your phone and both your backpack straps all the way home. "Hey (Y/n)." "Hey." You gave a fake smile towards your mother, like you always done just to help her get by. "How was school?" "Okay." "Well, at least it's a Friday." You placed your phone on the counter she was sitting at. She looked as if she was getting ready to leave for work.