Prologue

Bea 

"Bye. Love you." Mom says.

"Love you too." I reply and turn around. I can do this. I hear her car ignites to life and then she is gone. There's no backing out now.

I step on my very first step in the Terror Place. If I step approximately twenty times I will reach the Gate of Regrets. I contemplate but then do so. There are already a hundred of aliens walking to their destinations. I walk inside the Gate of Regrets and the monument of benevolent Mr. Jack Thompson welcomed me. Okay that sounded really like Sci-fi.

I walk to the left side of his statue while looking down. I had to. I adjust my hoodie to be able to block them from seeing me. I pass the Hall of Temptation, which is the hall where there are less students who walk since its path leads to mostly subjects of 12th grade students. That's why I call it Hall of Temptation because mostly the couples and not couples do the eat-your-face challenge and more. I notice Brahms with Nicole getting it on like they were in an enclosed room, like they were alone and that they could do everything. Oh God. Nicole was pinned down. They are on the ground. Doing it like the style of the late 1100s. How do you kiss someone you don't know?

I look away, since my virginal eyes are not use to seeing those kind of things. I walk fast, pass the Hall of Ghostly Presence and Hall of, okay another Hall of Temptation 0.5, wherein the scenes are always not really cannibalistic. I walk and walk until I reach my first period.

Mrs. Heather was already there, too engrossed to acknowledge her most punctual student. Good morning Mrs. Heather I say quietly, almost inaudibly. And I meant it to be that way. I wasn't really aiming them for her to be heard and since her ears are like dog's sense of smell. She replies;

"Good morning Ms. Thorne," she says but her eyes are never leaving her writing. I sit down on my seat and pull out my notebook and pen. I flip the pages to page thirty-two to continue my writing. I continued to write until the room was filled with different cohorts. The IT, the Bitches, the Nerds, the Jocks, the Goths, all clichés in high school.

"You left me, bitch." I hear Adie's voice behind me.

"I had to." I reply.

"Oh, because you can't wait to see Mr..." I stand up and put a hand on her mouth.

"Okay, okay." She says, her hands raised in the air and backing out, and smirking.

"I left because Mom and Alex are doing each other again. I mean how can they do that in front of me? They're doing it like..." I say but is cut off.

"They were alone in the kitchen. As they rediscover their unclothed bodies and see their souls bond." She says my line. I've always been a Virgin Mary, a maiden, a goody two-shoes who barely gets it right in school. An outcast. A bibliophile. If you were a student here, you'd probably call me a nerd. "No, maybe in the pool or shower or maybe in the backyard while the dog is watching. They maybe are taping it." She adds.

"Shut up." I say.

The lesson started, it was about making a research paper by pair rather than doing it individually. For me, it should be done individually but I didn't man up and requested since it'd be very boastful of me and everyone would just hate me more than they do already. Mrs. Heather said that she will pair us by Friday and I groaned, actually everyone in the room groaned audibly. I only have four people who are close to me in this entire school. Adie, Ashley, Eva and Kellan. And one is only in this class with me. Clearly, I'm going to be paired with a bitchy person. That's inevitable.

Snapping me out of my thoughts, Adie says;

"Hey, Billy invited to his party this Wednesday, would you want to come?" She stops, as if she realized something, "I mean, I shouldn't have asked. I know you won't come." Adie says, frustrated.