1- Two - 1

I finally arrived back at my apartment, a bit disappointed about the lack of work I had done that day. I sighed and sat down at my outdated desktop computer, rubbing my eyes before clicking the power button. I waited patiently for the few minutes the archaic system took to turn on, then opened Tor.

I typed the URL to my website into the search bar and checked for new clients. Luckily, I had three. I made arrangements to meet with each of them the next day before logging off and switching the power off.

I stood up from my desk, yawning and rubbing at my eyes again. I saw from the mirror that my girlfriend had hung on the wall that I had killer dark circles under my eyes.

I walked over to the mirror, examining myself. I looked about as good as I felt. My raven hair was greasy and matted beneath my brown hat, and I had a very thick stubble. My skin looked sickly light and I noticed some acne present on my cheeks and forehead.

I huffed at my own reflection before walking out of the room and into my kitchen. I searched through the cabinets and fridge, disappointed as I ended my search with nothing except expired pasta sauce.

I sighed again, walking into my bedroom. I saw a form under the sheets in my bed, which I knew was my girlfriend. I quietly pulled my hat and shirt off before changing into a pair of sweatpants and laying down next to her. She didn't wake up.