1- Five - 1

I walked back into my apartment, locking the door behind me. My girlfriend was sitting on the couch, looking like she was waiting for me.

"Are you cheating on me, Mark?" She asked softly.

I stopped in my tracks, halting in the process of pulling my hat off. "What?"

"Are you cheating on me?"

I looked at her. "Why would I cheat on you?" I walked over to the couch and sat next to her, leaving the hat on my head.

"You're out more than you're here and we never spend time together anymore, and I was talking to Melissa and she said-"

"Melissa thinks I'm cheating on you," I interrupted. "Do you?"

She was silent for a moment. "I don't know," she answered quietly.

"Don't you trust me?"

"Yes," she answered, still quiet.

I moved closer to her and gave her a hug. "I can assure you I'm not cheating on you," I told her, before kissing her forehead. She nodded and sniffed.

"I-I know you wouldn't, I'm sorry, Mark," she sniffed more, her voice trembling. "I'm just s-so scared."

"Shh, don't cry," I hushed, hugging her a bit tighter and laying back. She buried her face in my chest and cried anyway.

After about half an hour, she'd fallen asleep. I wanted to study my files, but I didn't want to wake her by getting up, so we slept on the couch that night.

(Author's Note: This is the end of the pre-written parts of this story. Sorry for the upload spam.)