Chapter 4

I got up at 8 in the morning because I wanted to go out and go by the lake. I rubbed my eyes wanting to get the laziness out.

"You've got to be kidding me," I complained.

Walking into the bathroom was unusual, it was luxurious, you could fit 7 people and still have space. The toilet was silver and it was weird because there wasn't a top. The bathtub was like a hot tub but a little smaller and the shower next to the tub looked like a closet. Basically the bathroom looked like a fancy bathroom in a hotel. 10 minutes later, I was dressed in denim shorts and a white tank-top. I went downstairs hoping to find blueberry pancakes on the dinner table like usually.

"AHA you made them!!! I love you!" I excitingly said.

"I know you do!"

We sat down and started digging in.

"So what are your plans today?"

"Um I plan to go down by the lake," I said.

"You don't know how to swim though."

"I know, I'm just gonna hang out."

I stood up and dropped my plate in the sink.

"Are you going to go right now?"

"Yeah, I mean can I?"

He motioned his hand towards the door indicating that I can go.

Outside felt more comfortable than inside, the sun was shinning on the water making it look all crystal-like, the sky was clear wit no clouds, and the laughter of families was filling the air. I sat down on the edge removing my flip-flops and setting them by my side. The cool water was refreshing on my feet making me feel relaxed. It was nice having some alone time. I would go for a swim but I can't because I don't know how to. My mom once got me a spot in swimming classes but being me I never got the hang of it. Once I figured out that I cant, my dad accepted it but my mom kept on insisting for me to go, like I said I never got the hang of it.

"Hello!!! Need some company?!"

I jumped at the sound of the voice, "Sure, go ahead but don't yell again."

"Sorry, I'm usually loud," he laughed, "oh I'm Louis by the way." He held up his hand for me to shake.

"I'm Lu," I told him shaking his hand.

"What brings you here?" he asked.

"I came on vacation."

"You seem a little down."

"Thanks for noticing but I'm just really tired and exhausted," I told him.

"Are you liking it so far?"

"I like it, it's not as hot as Miami, thank god cause I cannot live with so  much heat. I never get to experience the rest of the seasons and it sucks ass, like I cn't handle it! I'ts driving me crazy!" I looked over at him and he was actually paying listening.

"Wow you're a Miami girl! See I thought all Miami girls were bitchy and obsessed with themselves but you're obviously not," he complimented. He continued, "What season would you fancy?"

"I'd really like to experience winter, I was born in December and I never got to see my season bloom."

"Well if you stay here longer, you might see snow."

"I wish I could but I'm only staying here until September," I informed Louis.

"Maybe next year."

"Yeah, maybe."

If there is a next. I would love to come but we only came here for one reason, after we find out what really happened I don't think I'll be coming back.

"What are you doing later?"

I stood up and thought about the question, I panicked at first but then I realized he wasn't asking me out.

"Nothing, why?" I asked with a concerned voice. I grabbed my flip-flops from the edge and slid them on my feet.

"I'm having a little get-together party here at the lake, if you're not doing anything later you should come and have fun," he invited.

I thought about it and responded, "I'll think about it, nice meeting you though." I smiled at him and he returned it. I left and went back to the house.

_____________________________________________________________

AHHH its fianlly long!

Thanks for reading!! <3