You're Blood Smells Good Haha Love Me

Posted originally on the Archive of Our Own at http://download.archiveofourown.org/works/7314475.
Rating: Teen And Up
Category: M/M
Fandom: Twilight Series, Harry Potter -J. K. Rowling
Relationship: Jasper Hale/Harry Potter
Character: Jasper Hale, Harry Potter
Additional Tags: fluff, Possessive Jasper
Published: 2016-06-27
Words: 6667
by WeirdSuicidal19568

Summary: Jasper did want a mate. He just hadn't gotten one in the three hundred years he'd been around. He was getting bored. And then the new kid comes to school.

  It was with little remorse that Harry accepted his fate. Of course, he had to put up a show. They wouldn't let him go if they thought he would be happy. They wanted to send him away, for 'protection', and Harry wasn't going to stop them. Of course, he did argue, but not overly so. Just to agree would be too easy. Though, he did feel slightly pissy that they chose the location. But not necessarily pissy about the location they had chosen.

America hadn't been his first choice, nor had he wanted to go to a town as rainy as England, and not even a quarter of the size. He felt like they were trying to oversell the small town, really. Especially when they showed him pictures. Sure, the town was...very green. Lots of forests and the like. But, honestly, the effect was slightly ruined on him. The forests would never live up to the standards that had been set early on by the Forbidden Forest. He was also mad about the fact they were making him leave when Voldemort was at high rein.

Sure, the Wizarding World could drop dead. He probably wouldn't care. But, that didn't mean he didn't feel some sort of obligation for it. He couldn't even do magic yet! Legally, anyway. They had also said that was why they needed to send him away. He would apparently be getting a significant magical inheritance this year. There was also the chance of a creature inheritance, though that one was admittedly small.

However, because of this, the week before his seventeenth birthday he was suppose to be taken to a safe house, and once he had recovered from whatever magical inheritance he had received, he would then be flying to Forks, WA. But, apparently, they hadn't counted on an attack. It happened the night before Harry's birthday.

He had been asleep, restlessly turning and shifting because of night terrors, and his temporarily assigned guardian had been downstairs, having a cuppa. They had attacked minutes from midnight. No one had expected it. No one thought they would be able to find his location. No one counted on a traitor. They had attacked, and his guardian, a half-blood named Daniel, had been able to hold them off, but only for a small time. But, that was all that was needed, it seemed.

The clock chimed twelve, and before any one of the Death Eaters, or Voldemort had a chance to even cast Protego, a magical surge of surprising proportions knocked them all back. Some fell down the stairs, others were just knocked down. All lost consciousness, though. It was the next day that Daniel woke up, the bodies of various Death Eaters surrounding him. He had floo'ed the Ministry as soon as he got over the shock, and soon thereafter he had Ministry officials and Aurors crawling around the safe house in Dalton, OH.

Voldemort himself was found at the foot of Harry's bed, seemingly dead. Even so, they didn't hesitate to bind him with the strongest spells they knew. Harry, himself, seemed to be untouched. It wasn't until three days later he woke up, however. They had fled the safe house even before Harry awoke, moving instead to somewhere in Florida. So it was to a completely different room that Harry woke up in. Daniel had a Hell of a time explaining to Harry. When he finally had, however, Harry became flustered, and rushed to the bathroom to have a shower.

When he looked himself in a the mirror, however, he became surprised at a few minute details that had changed. His eyes seemed a little brighter, his skin a tad bit paler, his cheekbones a bit higher, and his hair seemed to be a little longer, curling around his ears in a messy, curly mess. Other than that, he seemed to have become slightly more petite, and to have lost an inch of height, something which he was not happy about at all. He now stood at an unimpressive sixty five inches. Or, five foot, five inches.