Prologue

"Where am I?" Kontatsu yelled into the darkness in front of him. "What happened to me? Is this some kind of joke?" he screamed through the blackness, and the overwhelming sounds of what seemed to be a city.

"Do you not know where you are?" a voice sounded from behind him. "I can help you."

Kontatsu turned around to see a faint blue light floating towards him in the night. He squinted. As it drew closer, he could make out the outline of the person holding the light. "Hold it. Stop. I need to see if you're armed."

The figure turned the light around, and flipped their cloak back to reveal a small folding knife, barely bigger than 8 inches with the blade extended. "Only this knife, which I use for when I'm wandering. Only there to fend off anyone who tries to rob me." they say to Kontatsu.

"Ok, that's fine. Where am I?" Kontatsu asked.
"Hold on. Let me turn the big light on." The light turned away from Kontatsu, and suddenly the room he was in was filled with light. Kontatsu shielded his eyes away from the intense light. "You're in my basement." said the figure, who Kontatsu still couldn't see because of the blinding light. "I heard a crash, and came down here. Are you ok? How did you get in here?"

Kontatsu blinked multiple times, trying to quickly adjust his eyes to the light he found to be almost equivalent to the sun. He looked around the room, and was overwhelmed. The place was alien. Technology he had never seen anywhere littered the walls. Lights flickered on these screens all over the place. He heard the sounds of machines spinning up, and fans starting. "W-what is this place? Who are you? Am I on Earth?" he managed to stammer out.

"You are on Earth. These are computers. Have you never seen a computer before?" The person who was there took down their hood. It was the most beautiful woman Kontatsu had ever laid his eyes upon.

"What's your name? And what year is it?" Kontatsu asked, his eyes wide with confusion and fear.

"My name is Pyrasminda. It's the year 2064." she responded, looking at Kontatsu with concerned eyes.