Chapter 10

"Wh-what happened? Did you guys figure it out? Is it still 2065?" Kontatsu asked, still kind of booting up.

"We got rid of the memories you didn't want, or need. We also figured out that you had a line of malicious code, placed into your head by FSAT that would execute if those memories were ever erased. We deleted that, the memories, and recompiled it." said Todd, half asleep, but super awake at the same time due to caffeine and excitement.

"What was the code for?" asked Kontatsu.

"It's best that you don't –" Todd cut Pyrasminda off.

"I think he has a right to know. We went picking around in his head. We can't just keep something like that to ourselves." he interrupted. "Kontatsu, if you were to ever mess around in your own head, or someone were to do it, and not check that, and had those memories been deleted, you would have had an automatic command to kill and not stop execute as soon as you were rebooted."

"Boy, am I glad you got rid of that. I see you left my speech centers intact." said Kontatsu, laughing a little bit. "I guess I picked up some stuff from the internet too. Did you add something to this code?"

"No. Only took parts out." said Todd. "Why, is something wrong?"

"I take it you didn't check to see if removing that piece of code activated something else?" asked Pyrasminda, concerned that there might be some other kill command being displayed right now.

"No, I guess I didn't." Todd responded, a twinge of guilt in his voice.

"It's ok guys. I don't want to kill anyone. Nothing is saying anything like that." said Kontatsu. "I was just wondering why I know more than I did previously. Why is it I can now read binary?"

"You can what?" they both said simultaneously.

"I can read binary." responded Kontatsu. "Is that weird? I can compile a code from binary into something easier to read and compile in real-time in my head."

"Is that weird? Are you serious? Of course that's weird! But that doesn't make it any less awesome that you can do it!" said Pyrasminda, clearly extremely happy about this fact. "We can use you to write code that executes on a different level!"

"Wait. I have a new idea. If you want to get the memories back from when you were created, before they sent you into the simulation, they have them at the main offices of FSAT. We just need you to wire into their network, and plummet their stocks. You can convert things directly from binary in your head. So you could compile a bug that would go completely undetected, and wipe out everything on their systems. Then, once they start auctioning off the stuff from the failing company, we can swoop in and find your drive." said Todd. Kontatsu could almost see the gears in his head turning.

"How do you know my drive will be there?" asked Kontatsu, seeing a hole in Todd's plan.

"The people who own the company will be forced to give up anything they have, whether it be in the company building, or at their own home, that was paid for by the company. That includes your drive. I have techies that scan those auctions all the time for things. I can have one of them look out for it." responded Todd. "It won't be that hard to do."

"I'm on it. Plug me in." said Kontatsu, clearly excited to get started on this new endeavor to take out a mega corporation. It reminded him of the graphic novels that he had read and the movies he had watched that were labeled as "cyberpunk" when Pyrasminda gave them to him. It was a nice feeling.