Chapter 20

You can't control how life plays out, when people are born, when they become one with the angels, but you can savor every single minute and that's exactly what the Potters did. Harry and Draco threw caution to the wind on multiple occasions, married young, travelled and took the risky option in any situation, with Draco needing a little encouragement, but they never fell out of love.

Harry was petting the thestral, admiring it's odd beauty, when Draco called his name from inside their small cottage in the woods. "Harry!" He yelled, he still couldn't see the thestrals.

Harry slowly walked back inside and saw exactly what he assumed was happening. Draco was staring into a black brew in his cauldron. "Are you sure you want to do this, Draco?" Harry asked and Draco merely nodded, but Harry could see the fear in his eyes. Harry walked to his side and helped him pour the brew into two vials and they held hands as the walked out of the house, shakily holding the vials.

Apparition would ruin the moment, so they walked into the forest until they found the arch they got married under. There was a stone bench under it, covered in moss, but still beautiful with its intricate designs. The Potters took a seat under the arch, listened to the sound of the creatures that they'd happily shared the forest with, the rushing of the nearby creek and the slight the wind, that whistled in their ears. It was a wonderful place for two abnormal boys to live. The auror, Harry, didn't fear the oblivion and admired those who leapt into it, but the healer, Draco, did and shook in fear. "Don't be scared, Draco, we're going somewhere great." Harry soothed and squeezed Draco's hand.

They looked into each other's eyes, green on gray-blue, for the last time. Still looking each other in the eye, Harry drank the entire vial and Draco sucked it through his fangs. Harry's eyes closed and he fell over and Draco fell with him, they died holding hands and laying together. Their hairs touched and even at the age of one hundred and thirty, their hair was raven black and platinum blonde, what a wonderful contrast.

***

Ron stopped at the gate and Hermione squeezed his hand for comfort. They trudged through and walked through all of the graves, that were scattered in the graveyard in Godric's Hollow, then they found it. The headstone was simple with their names and years carved into marble, but it also read a wonderful quote Draco said during his vows. "Differences didn't keep us apart, as fate would tell people, we overcame fate and proved differences only make two closer." Ron read aloud, tears running down his wife and his cheeks, chilled by the near autumn air. "Hermione," Ron said, a smile taking over his face and she looked up to him, "The day they died, did I ever tell you what it was?" She could only shake her head, words too painful to use for her. "Alright, well, Harry went to Diagon Alley the first time that day. He wandered into Madam Malkin's alone and was fitted next to some random kid,"

"Ron, I don't see how this is of any relevance?" Hermione sniffles, now clutching Ron's arm with one hand and held his hand with her other.

"This random kid, that was interested in him from the start, even with Harry's unfit attire and even though the boy was a snob. Little did either of them know, the little eleven year old boys, that were complete opposites, would change each other's lives. Hermione, that was stage day they met." Ron stated and smiled, but there was a small bit of pain in it and Hermione gasped, her hand s now covering her mouth.

The grave was visited by many, with flowers stacked upon each other and small letters of appreciation. Over the years, Harry's legendary life was still known and Draco was remembered by being his significant other, but another famous story was that of their love, which was popular amongst the young dreamers. The grave was maintained and still visited, but people who truly knew the boy died out until stories from people who knew him were nonexistent, but everyone still knew The Boy Who Lived and The Boy Who Died With Him.

Life flies by, each moment memorable yet sometimes forgotten. Stories of love are known all too well, but none ever compared to the love the boys felt until the end, it was indescribable. The Potter and Malfoy name died after that, but fulfilled the hopes for them.

People with abnormalities are the people who live and die filled with indescribable love and joy. Never try to be normal because remember that The Potters want you to shine in your own special light, like them.