v

The cold air whipped around me as I waited for Simon to pick me up

The cold air whipped around me as I waited for Simon to pick me up. I somehow could still stand after how much I had drank. Lately everything had just been going to crap. I needed to feel numb, even if it was only for a little while.

I heard the sound of a horn beeping twice, causing me to look up. It was Simon, which caused me to slightly smile. Closing the door behind me, I silently thanked Simon for picking me up. He drove us to his house since I didn't feel like going back to my house.

"Selena, are you okay?" Simon asked as we entered the house. I sighed, deciding if I should talk to him about everything that had been going on. I know he means well but how do I know I can trust him?

Suddenly, we were in his room. I looked around taking in how nice his room really was. He sat on his bed, signalling for me to join him. Scratching my neck, I decided it wouldn't hurt to sit with him. As I sat down, he started rubbing my back, probably trying to make me feel comfortable and not awkward.

"My management has been making me work harder than usual. I'm getting so much hate and I just can't help but crumble. It's so hard to be in this line of work and not break." My voice was quivering, so Simon put his hands on top of mine, making me pause for a moment before continuing my little rant. "There's so much pressure on you to do your best. You have to be a good influence on younger generations, so you can't go out and do things a normal person my age would do. I just want to be a normal person with a normal life, but I'm never going to experience that." I broke down completely, him cradling me in his arms, whispering soothing things into my ear. I hugged him so tight, not wanting to let go of him. He lifted me into a bridal position and placed me under his duvet gently.

"Everything will be better tomorrow, when you wake up." He kissed my forehead, before getting up to leave.

"Wait, Simon. Could you stay with me?" I nervously asked, guessing he would decline because he'd feel awkward, and we only have known each other for a few weeks.

"Of course, Sel. I'd do anything for you." He crawled in next to me, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me against his body. I frowned, realising that this was only going to be a one time thing. I pushed myself against his body further, not wanting him to let go of me. He coughed quietly before readjusting himself. If only I could be in his arms every night, but why would I want that?

*******

Feedback is appreciated and don't forget to vote! Much love x