Chapter 2

Once in the grocery store, I grab a cart and start looking for things that I need to buy.

"Good afternoon, Peanut!" Bethany, a worker from here who's around her thirties and is also my friend, greets me.

"Hey Bethany." I greet her. I'd tell her that Nick proposed to me a week ago but Nick and I wanted to throw a party. I told him that we don't really need one but as always, he insisted and I couldn't turn him down.

"How are you and Nick?" She asks. I don't find her nosy at all, I'm pretty sure it's just that she cares. She's a good friend of my mom and she's very nice.

"We're good. Still together." I giggle.

"That's nice." She sweetly smiles.

"Bethany! I need some help!" Her co-worker shouts.

"Well, that's my call. It was nice talking to you dear." She says and I nod then she leaves, continuing her work.

The party is in three days. It will be in Nick's place. Even if I'd already moved in with him, it's still his place.

I need to buy some healthy snacks so I go to the chip aisle.

I always go to this grocery store so I already know where it is. It's funny because I used to hate going here. My mom would take the longest to buy everything she needs.

Looking at all the chips, they all seem unhealthy and I know Nick, he doesn't eat these type of food. I don't know if Nachos are healthy but I'll go with that.

I'm looking for the Nachos and see that it is at the very top.

God, who would put them up there so high?

My only choices are to jump and get it or call someone. I look around and I don't see any workers nearby. I could also climb it but I would look ridiculous. For a girl who is 5'7, I can't reach those Nachos. I'll just jump.

I jump and grab a bag of Nachos. Proudly grinning to myself, I put it in my cart. One bag won't be enough, I need another one. Going back to position again, I jump and reach for the Nachos and just as I am about to grab it, someone appears.

"Peanut Anderson?" I have the bag of Nachos in my hand and I look at where the voice came from.

Holy shitballs.

"Ylona?" My jaw is wide open, adrenaline rushing through me.

"Oh my god, Peanut!" She squeals and we both run to each other and hug.

"Oh my gooood, I can't believe it's you." She says while hugging me so tight.

"And I can't believe you're here." I say excitedly.

We pull away from the hug and we both look at each other. Ylona's quite changed. Her hair got longer and the end of her hair are blonde, she must've dyed them. I can tell she also gained a little bit of weight, not that it's a bad thing.

"Aw, come here." I say and hug her again but this time, less squeezing.

We pull away, Ylona and I have glossy eyes. It's so good to see an old friend. Ylona was best friend back in California.

She pulls away, "I missed you, Peanut." She frowns and guilt replaces my excited state.

"I missed you too." I sigh. "I'm sorry, I –"

"Hey, let's talk about some other time, yeah? I want to catch up with you." She softly says.

"Yeah sure." I nervously smile.

"Well, how are you?" She asks.

"I've been great, I live here." I smile. Maybe I should invite her to my engagement party.

"Really? I never thought I'd bump into you here." She says and now I feel uncomfortable because I feel guilty.

I decided to change the topic. "Since when were you here?"

"Two days ago. Harry and I are stayi–"

I instantly freeze and my blood runs cold.

"H-harry?" I squeal, my voice become weak. My heart is pounding against my chest, I'm not prepared for this.

"Yeah." She flashes a worrying smile.

My hands start to sweat, feeling nervous.

"Is h-he here?" Please say he isn't here.

"Yeah..." She says and that makes me freak out more.

As if on cue, someone walks from behind me.

"Ylona, do you like pancakes?" I instantly recognize that voice. It's Harry. It's been such a long time since I've heard his voice. His sweet British accent. God, I missed him so fucking much.

I don't move from my spot and so does Ylona. Ylona looks at Harry then back to me and back to Harry.

Peanut, don't look at him and walk away pretending like you don't know what's happening.

I slowly turn around, not prepared to his his face.

And there he is, Harry Edward Styles. Wearing his signature outfit; a white shirt, black skinny jeans and some shoes. His hair has grown longer too and looking at him right now makes me want to scream. I want to scream because I'm happy, scared and clueless.

My hazel eyes finds his emerald eyes and he's looking at me with a box of pancake mix on his hand.

"Harry?" I manage to speak but he breaks his eye contact from me right away and looks at Ylona. 

Fuck.

"Ylona," He says in a stern voice while I still continue to look at him. Is he really going to pretend I'm not here?

"Do you want pancakes?" He slowly says and my heart starts to ache.

I know I'm engaged and I shouldn't feel this but he's Harry.

"Yeah." Ylona's soft voice speaks. Harry walks past me and goes to Ylona, putting the box in the cart.

I turn around and grip the cart. This is so fucking awkward man. I'm biting my lip from nervousness and I feel like it's going to bleed. I don't care.

"Harry," I hear Ylona whisper. "Aren't you going to talk to Peanut?"

I hope he talks to me. I missed him so much.

"Who the hell is Peanut." He says loud enough for me to hear and I feel a pang of hurt in my chest.

I have to show Harry I'm strong. I'm engaged for fucks sake.

"Peanut." Ylona calls and I shut my eyes, keeping my breathing in a steady beat and look over to Ylona and flash a sweet yet fake smile.

"Yeah?" Harry's back is facing me. I want to see his face again, ugh.

"It was nice seeing you." She says.

NO, YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO CONVINCE HARRY TO SPEAK TO ME EVEN IF IT CAUSES A SCENE HERE, I DON'T GIVE A DAMN. YOU WERE SUPPOSE TO TELL HARRY THAT HE'S A DICK IF HE DOESN'T TALK TO ME. BUT THEN AGAIN, I'M THE REAL DICK HERE. I JUST WANT TO TALK TO HARRY GOD DAMN IT. I WANT TO HEAR HIS STUPID BRITISH ACCENT AND TELL ME HOW A SHITTY PERSON I AM. I WANT TO CATCH UP WITH THIS LOSER, YOU'RE SUPPOSE TO HELP ME HERE YLONA.

"It was nice seeing you too." I chew the inside of my cheek, Harry still not bothering to look back.

Taking a deep breath, I turn around and walk as fast as I can. I just want to crawl into a cave, you know. Process everything that just happen.

I need to get away from here so I do. I'll go back later. I need to clear my mind.

I look for a nearby coffee shop to help me calm down.