Chapter 3

I pick up the chilled coffee right in front of me and take a huge gulp of it right away. Damn, that interaction made me thirsty for some reason.

I never thought that I would see them ever again. That I would see him ever again. I wasn't prepared – mentally and physically, it was so unexpected. I mean, there would be days where I think about Harry and I'd imagine a scene where we accidentally bump into each other and we'd be happy. But that was before. Now, I've been focusing on Nick. But it wasn't how it turned out though, he purposely acted as if he doesnt know me and me being stupid, I hoped that we could have at least talked. Even if I am engaged, it's not bad to catch up with an old... friend, right? Why was he acting as if he never knew me though. That's quite immature. Yet again, Harry and I are immature. Or were. I wonder if Harry has a girlfriend. The thought of Harry having one made me kind of jealous but who am I to be jealous. I'm engaged to Nick. But if ever Harry has one, I'm glad he found a girl that may be for him.

Exhaling, I slump into my seat further and drink the coffee again.

"Hey Peanut." A voice startles me, making me shoot my head up to look at who's voice that came from.

"Oh," I breathlessly say. "Steven." I bite my lip.

"You okay? You look like you saw a ghost or something." He observes me with a weird look.

"Don't look at me like that." I furrow my brows, placing the glass on the table and bringing my face in my hands.

"Why? Are you okay?" Steven asks, obviously concerned. Steven is the first friend I made here when I moved to New York. We always bumped into each other so he decided to talk to me. Since then, he's my best friend.

"Remember Harry?" I trust Steven so much that I told him about this. Nick doesn't know about it though, I guess I'm scared that he'll judge me or something. I don't know?

"Yeah." He answers.

"I kind of bumped into him just a while ago." I bite my lip and look at Steven.

"For real?" For an unknown reason, he's grinning.

"No I actually didn't." I sarcastically smile. "Why do you think I'm like this?"

"Well, why are you like that?" He asks. "Aren't you suppose to be smiling so big right now?" He furrows his eyebrows.

"That's the thing." I sigh. "He pretended as if he didn't know me..." I trail and I can see Steven's blue eyes soften.

"And it just hurt, you know?" I now frown. "I thought he would be like happy to see me or something." I mumble.

"Are you happy that you saw him?" He asks, taking a sip from my coffee which I didn't mind.

"I don't know." I shrug. "Should I be happy?" I really don't know what to feel right now.

"I don't know. Am I you?" I want to slap Steven. Sometimes he reminds me of Harry but Steven has a girl friend.

"You're so annoying." I roll my eyes making him chuckle.

"I mean I shouldn't be sad though, right?"

"I don't know! I'm not you." He exclaims.

"Sometimes you can be a real pain in the ass, you know?" I smirk.

"I do know." He cheekily smiles.

"I mean I'm engaged and shit." I say.

"Dude I don't know! I'm so confused." I groan, rubbing my temples. This whole thing is making my head swirl and I'm pretty sure my eyes are glossy and my cheeks are red.

"Why are you so affected anyways?" He asks, further sinking into his seat.

That got me thinking. Why am I affected? I'm engaged to Nick, I'm finally happy, I saw Ylona after a long time... What is there to worry about.

"You're right." I nod my head at him.

"What do you mean 'You're right'? I asked you why are you so affected and your answer is you're right, that's not an ans—"

"Shut up, S'ven!" I shush him making him raise his hands. "What I meant was, you're right. Why am I even affected? It's not like something major happened." I playfully roll my eyes.

"Correct, my girl." He tells me.

I remember that I haven't invited Steven to the party yet so I might as well ask him now.

"By the way, are you free this Thursday?" I ask him.

"Why?" He asks back.

"Bitch, answering the question." I say with a killer and innocent smile.

"Damn ma, yes I am. Now why?"

"Go to Nick's house at three pm SHARP," I slowly say the word sharp because I know Steven will be late. I mean I'm like that too but I'm pretty sure this is important.

Steven chuckles.

"And wear formal clothes. It's a party." I tell him, smiling. The thought of the party made me excited again. And happy. And worry-free.

"A party but formal clothes? What's going on?" He asks more questions.

"Nigga I don't know!" I exclaim. "I mean I do know but-" I groan. Sometimes Steven just annoys me but that's what makes me love him.

"You know what I don't wanna talk anymore." I was like this with Steven. I can really be myself when I'm around him. I'm glad I became friends with him though. He cheered me up at my low times and made me laugh with his stupid jokes. Then Nick too.

"Anyways, I have to go back shopping. I chickened out and left, leaving my groceries." I laugh, shaking my head at myself. I'm so lame and emotional, why did I even leave?

"What?" Steven laughs. "You're so weird. Okay, bye." And with that, we both stand up and part ways. He goes somewhere and I go back to the grocery store.