10 ➣ holds up

millie

the car ride went faster than expected, and we were there in what seemed like no time after leaving the gas station.

we exited the car in front of a small cabin. it looked to only hold few people. "it looks kind of small, mom. what happened to the old cabin?"

"yes, sadie, it is small. to bring more than one friend this year, we needed to cut the budget." sadie's mom said, glancing over the wooden building.

"it holds up." i said, cheerfully grabbing my suitcase from the trunk of the car. sadie did the same, and stood proudly next to me.

"go inside while i grab everything else," sadie's mom said, handing noah his bag. we all entered the cabin.

"it's cozy, i like it." sadie said, glancing at me. "i think this week will be really fun, don't you guys?" noah and finn had no response, as they were cramped together in a corner.

"i guess that's a no from them, then." i said, pointing back, and turning around to sadie.

"the cabin is kind of small, but we won't be in it much today. we're going to the beach." sadie said, going over to her bag.

"did all of you wear swimsuits under your clothes? like i told you to?" we all nodded.

we started walking to the beach from the cabin. it wasn't too far. we could see the water in no time.

we reached the shore and noah sat down. "what if there's sharks?" he asked finn. it was cute to be honest.

"I'll be there." finn said, pulling him up. sadie and I exchanged smiles.

we all walked into the water and sadie was cold. "swim with me, sadie."

"the beach is colder than I expected." there were only a few other families here, mainly because of the cold weather.

"we've got this, pretend like it's warm." I told her, hugging her from behind. then she began to loosen up.

"there you go!"