Chapter 12: We Need A Plan

I told Mason and Alex about my plan, Mason thought I was crazy and ended up storming out of the room, Vlad followed him but Alex stayed silent her face hidden by her hood. Mason was a great fighter, I had seen him fight before and Alex was a great sorceress. I needed them if I was going to be able to do this.  With all our powers together we would be the ultimate team.

"Alex?" I asked, "I know I'm asking a lot, I mean you could be killed and..we could accomplish nothing if we lost the battle but....I if I die this is what I want to die doing, fighting for my mother and sisters vengeance, and fighting alongside my friends."  I couldn't see her expression she hadn't lifted her face. "So, will you help me?" I asked tentatively. She looked up slowly and stood up. I stood too expecting a no, I mean what was I thinking, why would she risk her life for someone whom she had barely known or seen.

  She spoke, quietly at first then she started yelling. "I'll help you...because King Rah took my Andy and Anthony from me in front of me and....I couldn't stop it.. I WAS TOO SCARED! WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME!" She was on her knees now sobbing I was so surprised I had never seen Alex like this before, she was always just composed, calm Alex and now she was sobbing on the floor. But then I couldn't blame her, I mean our town has gone to absolute Hell.  But I knew who

"Thank you." I pulled her in for a hug, her crying on my shoulder, completely damping my dirty shirt. "Shh...It's okay I miss my family too but now we just have to be there for each other.." 

A while later :p

My stomach rumbled, woah how long had it been since my last meal? "Guys?" I called out Mason was avoiding me and Vlad stayed with him. I knew that what I had asked was crazy and I don't blame him for not wanting to do it. So I only saw Alex around the bunker. "Yeah?" Alex called out somewhere in the distance this bunker was really big, Alex had said that if she got injured the bunker got injured meaning dirt would collapse in on a room, so if she died the bunker would go down too. "What do you need Ang?" She asked while walking towards me. "I need food."

She grabbed my hand and I followed her to the weapons room. I picked up my sword while she picked up a big stick. I glanced at her, "Um, Alex could you get an actual weapon?" If looks could kill I would be dead her eyes turned into daggers. She sneered "This is a weapon but only to sorcerers and sorceress's, It harness's the magic and it's faster than using your hands that's why that witch that fought you and Vlad used a wand. She thought she was going to win and she wanted he best advantage because she actually saw you guys as a threat." She coolly responded.  "Oh." Was all I could manage, this was the Alex I knew. "So were going hunting, are we going to get the boys too?" "No", she looked over at me with concern evident on her face "Isn't Mason still feeling....something with you?" I faced the ground "Yeah." 

"Well let's head out." I nodded, Alex grabbed my hand and there was a whoosh of air next thing I know were outside, in the forest once again.