Oh woe is me.... or not

A oneshot challenge between RedHawkdude, Dragon1010 and I

This is a work of fan fiction using characters from the How to train your dragon world, which is trademarked by DreamWorks Animation L.L.C. and originally written by Cressida Cowell, and I do not claim any ownership over them or make any money from them. This story is for entertainment only and is not part of the official storyline.  

Date: 16th April 2017

Prompt:Humans are one of the most feared species in the galaxy. Not due to superior strength,speed,skill or strategy. In fact, it's because in comparison to the other species, humans are just batshit crazy enough to try any half-assed plan they come up with.

Rules: Httyd Characters as you main character list, 5000 word limit, must have at least one alien race, and Scifi.

---

AN: This is Toothcup. (Humanoid Toothless x Hiccup) YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. READ FURTHER OF YOUR OWN VOLITION.

Oh woe is me.... Or not

Hiccup groaned as he got out of bed. It was monday morning and he would gladly hear that school was canceled so that he could flop right back onto his fluffy pillow. He waved his hand over the alarm sensor, effectively silencing it.

With a sigh he got ready for school. He dressed in a simple green sweater and dark brown khakis. The beige messenger bag was slung over his shoulders as the automatic door of his little apartment opened.

The world that greeted Hiccup was one that many humans of centuries ago thought as science fiction. The sidewalks were filled with alien species going about their day while hover cars raced along the magnetic highways in the sky. Gothic looking skyscrapers dotted the Berk skyline, a testament to the first contact that human civilisation had with an alien race called the Draconians.

A century ago a Draconian ship crashed landed on Earth, and with them their first visitor. Hostilities arose between nations but the Draconian had put that to rest. He extended his hand in friendship to the humans and a glorious age followed. Human technology fused with Draconian technology, boosting both species to new heights. When other alien races learned of the peace between the two races, as the Draconians were a highly respected race for their intelligence and physical strength, they decided to also pay the humans a visit. Soon Earth turned into a hub for intergalactic commerce.

Hiccup made his way through the morning rush and met up with his friend Fishlegs who was at the station waiting for the hover train.

"Hi Fish" Hiccup greeted the other as he arrived just in time as the train was pulling into the station.

"Morning Hiccup" Fishlegs greeted as they took their seats. Once the train started moving he turned to Hiccup with a serious face. "So are you going to do it today?"

Hiccup let out a sigh. "I don't know Fish."

"Breaking up is hard to do Hiccup, but it would be for the best. She's just using you." Fishlegs said.

"I know Fish, I know. It's just that I really don't want any broken bones." Hiccup moaned. "Camicazi is the hit first, hit second, and maybe ask questions later kind of girl."

The train stopped at the next station and Hiccup waved Astrid, his longtime friend, over.

"So what are we talking about?" Astrid asked as she took the empty seat beside Hiccup.

"How to avoid broken bones." Hiccup mumbled dryly. "Remember how I've been considering breaking up with Camicazi? Fishlegs seems to think today is a good day."