the story of the Fischers

Liliya sat down next to Cynthia not knowing what to talk about with the woman. Having not known her long she didn't know which topics were touchy subjects. " So what was my mother like?" Liliya asked since she had died when she was young. " Calissa was the social butterfly of the family. Kore was the shy book worm and I was the confident older sister. Calissa was the one who kept us updated on how to fit in. Kore was the one that no matter what you did she forgave you and was there to support you. Me on the other hand was the leader or the protective older sister. They looked up to me." Cynthia told her about her siblings. " Was Cynthia always your real name?" Liliya asked.
" Yep I was Cynthia Samantha Fischer, Kore was Kore Jane Fischer, and your mother was Lily Fuschia Fischer. After the Holocaust Lily wanted a new identity and so she changed everything. Her hair used to be pitch black, she had mysterious dark blue eyes, and tan skin. Me I wanted to give Kore a chance to find me even if it ment not hiding at all so I stayed almost exactly the same." Cynthia explained. " What do you mean give Kore a chance to find you?" Liliya asked confused." When I escaped Auschwitz the only one I took with me was Lily because she was close by and already escaping herself." Cynthia informed. " So you just left her there!" Liliya shouted her eyes flared with anger. " It was either that or lose Lily and as much as I wanted Kore out of there I wasn't going to risk Lily dying while we rescued her.  So I grabbed Lily and ran until I was out." Cynthia said her eyes were filled with guilt and sadness. With that look Liliya knew she blamed herself for Kore's situation." So how did Kore escape." Liliya asked confused. " I have no idea, I was hoping Kore would be able to tell me when I saw her again, but this is the first time I've seen her since." Cynthia concluded.
" How was she able to be Lorelei Highland so well without help. She certainly wasn't naturally that perky." Liliya asked curiously. " Kore has always been a great liar, manipulator, and actress. My guess is that she picked traits that were the farthest away from  what she usually acted like then used her powers to get her the rest of the way through." Cynthia put together. " So what do you do? Kore was a singer and an actress." Liliya said. " I'm a movie star actress, but other than that I'm not doing much. I've sung a little trying to leave hints for Kore if she was looking, but I guess she hates me enough to not look for me." Cynthia sighed with a shake of her head. " You did what you had to do, I'm sure Kore wouldn't just assume that you would abandon her." Liliya assured her. " She has no proff that I didn't and it's not like we tried to go back for her. After Lily left me with her note saying she was going to Russia and only in emergencies to call for her I didn't have the courage to try and rescue her alone." Cynthia explained stroking Kore's hair." You had to save your sister Cynthia it wasn't your fault." Liliya protested.
" yeah, but I should of gone back for her." Cynthia said her eyes were watery. " That would of been a suicide mission and you know it. Kore wouldn't of wanted you to come back if it ment getting captured for nothing." Liliya told her. " Cynthia gave her a look that told her that she wouldn't stop blaming herself. " When you lose someone Liliya you do everything you can to keep what you still have safe." Cynthia said softly her hand was wrapped around Kore protectively. " And you have Cynthia, you're a wonderful older sister." Liliya protested and Cynthia laughed at her words. "  a good  sister doesn't let her sisters get trapped in a concentration camp, let one of them die while the other is experimented on,and then not be there to help her afterwards." Cynthia snapped and Liliya flinched at her tone. " You did the best you could Cynthia that's all they could ask for. Though how did the three of you get stuck in Auchwitz?" Liliya asked. " They came for Kore since she looked Jewish and so when they took her we went with her." Cynthia smiled proudly though Liliya thought there was more to the story. "  So they just let you go with her?" Liliya said skeptically not believing that. " Sadly no, I used my power over fire to let us in. They were fascinated with it so over the first couple of years they experimented on me, but then they did something to make Kore angry and so she used her powers. Lily tried to protect the both of them." Cynthia sighed her proud smile turning back into a guilty one." What did they do to you to make Kore do upset." Liliya asked knowing Kore's personality and Cynthia's guilt. " They thought that if they raped me it would make my powers come out and they did just not in the way they wanted. My telepathy called out to Kore unintentionally and she had to listen as they raped me basically seeing it through my eyes. So her being Kore couldn't just do nothing especially if I was asking for help when I never asked for anything let alone help." Cynthia told her voice cracked as she spoke." You were the older sister and what you did was probably one of the bravest things I've heard of." Liliya said honestly. " Really?" Cynthia asked shocked. " I don't know a lot of people who would not only put themselves at risk to save others, but also take years of torture without breaking and with nobody else even for their family." Liliya stated and in that moment there was no one she was more proud of then her aunt. " Either way they started torturing all three of us and one day they had only drugged me so I used my powers. I escaped the room I was in and a few minutes I had ran into Lily who was leaned against a wall a gaping wound in her stomach. So I grabbed her hand and teleported her out. I nursed her back to health then went to sleep and when I woke up Lily was gone." Cynthia finished.
" So she just left both of you!" Liliya said in disbelief of her mother. " I think Lily thought Kore had already left. Though it was probably for the best Lily got her family, Kore got to help people, and I didn't fail anyone else. Well not until now that is." Cynthia said standing up after tucking Kore into the bed better. " You didn't fail anyone Cynthia." Liliya said her voice a whisper.  " I failed everyone." Cynthia corrected and with that she left her alone with Kore. Then Cynthia's cat Kora jumped up sitting on her lap. " Don't worry Kora I'll fix both of them." Liliya said to the cat and that was her new mission.