Chapter 3: Broken Promise

Title: Chapter 3: Broken Promise

Author: DarkHeavensAngel

Suggested Listening to:  I'm Just a Kid by Simple Plan (youtube video to the lower right of page)

WARNING: None.... i don't think.

POV: First Person: Andy's POV

A/N: Yay! I wrote three chapters in a day! :D This one is really sad though...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Derek and I had started dating at the end of 8th grade. We were both in the middle of our freshman year now. This would mean that we’ve been dating for almost 8 months. Of course, only other people knew that we were dating: Abby and Ashley. I couldn’t trust anyone else and didn’t dare tell anyone else. Especially at school since I didn’t want Derek to be one of the targets for bullying.

Abby and I were walking home from school without Derek because he left school early for a dentist appointment. Abby and I were humming random tunes as we went up the steps to the door of our house.

I took out my set of keys and opened the door, letting Abby in first. I closed the door behind me and found my parents sitting on the couch in the living room. The atmosphere was extremely tense.

Mum gestured for us to go over and sit down. Abby looked at me worriedly and I nodded at her. We both dropped our backpacks down by the door and walked over to the couches. Abby and I took a seat on the couch facing our parents. Mum kept on hesitating and she looked nervous.

I chewed my lip and stole a few glances at Abby, who was fidgeting. I turned my attention back to my parents when mum spoke.

“Your father and I are going to divorce,” she said quietly.

Complete silence.

“Oh...well, we respect that. It’s between you two anyways... right Abby?” I muttered hesitantly. Abby nodded slowly without looking up. I heard dad sigh audibly and he sounded rather relieved.

Dad leaned forward, elbows on his knees and hands clasped together, and said, “We have decided to let you two pick who you want to stay with. Your mum will be moving to New York. I will be staying here in Oregon.”

More silence.

“I see...well...” I started.

“You don’t have to decide now, you have time. But we would like to know as soon as possible. After all, I have to get the tickets and moving crew ready for New York,” Mum said hurriedly.

I nodded at them. I glanced at Abby, she had no reaction. I couldn’t see her face; it was covered by her hair. This is bad. Dad got up and walked off to his home-office and shut the door as mum walked off to the kitchen to finish dinner.

I turned to Abby and took her hand. She looked up at me and her eyes were watery. My gaze softened. “C’mon, Abby. Let’s go upstairs, alright?” She nods.

I take both of our backpacks and urge Abby up the stairs. I place her backpack next to her desk and kiss her forehead. “Abby, you go ahead and get some rest. Don’t think too much about that now, alright Abby?” She nods.

I stood up straight and walked out, closing the door behind me. I headed for my room and set my backpack on the floor of my bedroom. I closed my bedroom door and lay down on my bed. I stared up at the ceiling.

I have to pick between two people that I’ve loved since I was born?

What if Abby picks the other parent?