Ch.2

Nicole had put Tyler upstairs on a bed with pillows surrounding him. She also put the baby monitor up there so she could here if he woke up. She went and sat on the couch when Ira started another rant.

"You guys fucked up. Do you know who this guy is?" He whispered harshly. "I'm so sorry." He said going to the guy.

Nikki looked at the kidnapped man and it finally registered on who this man was, Charlie was Carlo Bartolucci, the famous mobster in town.

We're all dead.

Charlie let out a short scream and Ira backed up apologizing and making excuses then went back to ranting about cutting his finger off.

"That's what they did." Charlie said.

"He's going to kill us. I mean you do understand that don't you? That's what the man does when people disrespect him. What do you think he's going to do to five assho-four assholes who cut his fucking finger off?"

"Why'd you leave out precious Nikki and that little brat?" Brett said bitterly.

"Because I know she has absolutely nothing to do with this and Ty is just a baby." He said then sat on a covered couch. "Dead. I'm a dead guy. Thanks fellas. If-if some wise guy from Jersey doesn't kill me don't sweat it because my parents will."

"Ira the kidnappers demanded two million dollars in ransom."

"That's why we need Mr. Bartolucci here to play 'show a little diplomacy' then when we get what we want we'll let him go and we will be out of the house, pal." Brett explained.

"Alright, now uh...call me crazy but this is my house. Guys don't you think you should've maybe consulted me first?"

"Christ Ira, you would've never gone for it." Max finally spoke up.

"God damn right I wouldn't. You cut the man's finger off. You guys are all fucking sick. You're all a bunch of fucking sickos, get out. C'mon let's go-"

The phone started going off and everyone looked at the phone silently and worried.

"Who knows we're here?"

"Nobody. Wrong number probably."

Ira you are such a horrible liar.

"Did anybody tell anybody that we were going to be here?" Avery asked.

"Ira?" Max said sternly.

"No."

"Ira." Brett said mocking in a shameful tone.

"Uh, yeah. Maybe somebody. Just two guys."

Brett and Avery started freaking out while Ira started up the poker conversation again. Nicole shook her head then looked at Charlie, which he had amusement written all over his face. Then she looked over at Max and he looked at her with an expression that read 'Sorry I got you and your boy into this'.

"If y'all don't shut the hell up Ty is going to wake up." Nikki said warningly.

"Who gives a fuck."

"I bet you do Brett. It's obvious you don't want to see him but if you-"

She heard whimpering coming through the monitor then the wailing began.

"Dammit. Look what you did."

"Me?" Brett asked shocked.

Nicole left the room and went upstairs to fetch Tyler. When she went back down she heard T.K talking.

"Since I'm the closest to an M.D on this premises I will be taking care of his bodily functions."

Nicole went straight to the kitchen, she didn't want to know. Nikki took the teething ring out of the fridge and sat down at the table.