What was that all about

I woke up with a text from Amanda,

Amanda: Hurry and get up, meet me at the park so we can hang. Wear something cute, I am! ;) see you there!

I replied with,

Kk! Luv ya.

I got up and took a shower, afterwards, I walked into my room to find something to wear. I decided on high-wasted black shorts with white lace, a white crop top that says "can you not", and white converse hightops. I went into the bathroom and straightened my brown hair, and decided to wear light makeup. I put on eyeliner and some mascara, only to bring out my colored eyes. I had to admit I didn't look too bad!

I got to the park and saw Amanda, and...... Blake. I was so mad! I didn't want to hang out with him but I might as well hear him out. When I got there Amanda screamed an ran to me to hug me, you would think we haven't seen each other in years. After our hug, which seemed like forever, I looked up to find Blake's chocolate brown eyes and his brown hair. He offered a hug and I accepted, putting aside my hate for him, and i noticed during the hug that he smelt like cologne, that was attractive but he isn't.

We sat down and talked for a couple hours until Amanda went home, I got up to leave when someone grabbed my wrist. "Jessica?"

I turned to look him in the eye,

"What Blake?" I asked sounding somewhat b*tchy.

"Wanna go to the liquor store with me?" He asked sounding nice for once.

"It's ok, I don't have any money anyways" I didn't want it to be just me and him going.

"I'll buy you something, I have money. My treat." He said with a smirk.

"Um ok," I said hesitantly.

On our way to the liquor store we saw a guy with a vaporizer. "That looks like fun!" Blake said trying to make conversation.

"Yeah, it fun until you get lung cancer and die." I said, kind of putting a negative tone.

"It's a vape, it does nothing to hurt you," he paused and looked at me then looked at his pocket. I didn't get the hint until he pulled something out of his pocket,

"Wanna try?" He pulled out a vaporizer and held it in front of me.

"Um no thanks, I'm ok" I was not about to turn into him.

"What? Is little miss goody goody afraid?" He taunted.

"Gimme that!" I said, I was not about to let him make fun of me anymore. I was tired of walking so I sat down in the grass, the liquor store was on the other side of the park, and it was a tiring walk. He sat down next to me and grabbed it, he showed me how to make it work and handed it to me again.

"It's cotton candy flavored!" He sounded like a little boy from the tone of his voice. I pressed the button and sucked in, like he told me to, I exhaled and I saw smoke. I was scared but really curious, an happy because it really did taste like cotton candy!

"Do you like it?" He asked.

"Yeah, it's cool! Now let's get on our way to the liquor store!" I was shouting with excitement.

"Haha ok." He seemed, like a nice guy, not the same Blake I grew up with.

Blake's POV:

She tried the vape and she liked it, that's good. She wanted to continue walking to the liquor store so I agreed. We started walking and she started running shouting, "catch me if you can!"

I laughed and started running after her, once I caught up I grabbed her by the waist and pulled her close. She giggled and looked at me, her green eyes were so beautiful. She was gorgeous over all. Her fair skin, her long brown hair, her eyes, her full soft looking lips, she was irresistible. I was pulled out of my thoughts when she hugged me, she was on her tippy-toes.

"Wanna a piggy-back ride to the liquor store?" I asked hoping she would say yes.

"Sure haha" her laugh was so cute.

I picked her up and put her in the piggy-back ride position. She laughed and shouted, "Onward and forth my fine steed!"

"Who are you calling steed?" I asked her.

"Just go Blake!"

I love the way she said my name, wait a minute, I am not falling for Jessica Ramirez. No way, its not gonna happen. I started running, the liquor store was only a block away. I ran until we came to crossing the street. We ran across the street and walked towards the store.

"I'll race ya!"

"Oh it's on!" There was no way I was putting down a challenge. We ran to the liquor store and she won.

"Haha I won!" She shouted at me triumphantly.

"Whatever, go inside and pick something out, it's your prize for winning our race." After my sentence she walked inside, she grabbed a monster energy drink and walked to the counter. In front of her I noticed it was my friend Jake. If I know him, he is a player and will try to get any girl he can. I hurried, grabbed my pack of gum and walked towards the counter. I heard her giggling and him laughing, there is no way he is hitting on her. I put my stuff down with hers and payed, Jake looked at me and seemed mad. I pulled him aside and whispered to him, "Hands off Jessica." He walked out of the store, furiously. What the hell did I just do, there is no way I got jealous when someone talked to her, she is barely my friend.

Jessica's POV:

I was talking to Jake when Blake came and payed for the stuff. I went to thank him and he pulled Jake away and said something to him. After he finished, Jake looked at me then at Blake. He seemed pissed off and left. I wonder what that was all about.