Chapter Two

Shoutout to julia7403 for helping me brainstorm ideas for this chapter. Thank you Julia!

Wybie's POV

"See you later, Jonsie!" I exclaimed, waving goodbye to Coraline, as she waved back, before hopping in her mom's mini van.

Coraline was going back to Michigan for a few weeks to visit her friends, while Grandma and I stayed back in our new apartment.

Yes, that's right! We moved into Coraline's old apartment, and Jonsie moved into the downstairs apartment. The two ladies downstairs, from what I heard, moved to California to pursue their dream of acting.

I was sat in the family room, watching an action movie, when I looked over to the wall. The little door, that had been locked up, was still there. It felt like it was staring at me.

"Wybie!" A familiar voice yelled out. I instantly sat up, recognizing the voice as Coraline's. I could have sworn she left a while ago.

I ran outside, seeing a blur of black clothing coming from the well. It had looked like someone was getting out of it.

"JONESIE?"

Immediately, the blurry figure turned and it actually was Coraline. But, she was wearing a different outfit.

(Coraline was wearing a Michigan sweatshirt, and now she was wearing the long sleeve blue starry shirt.)

"Wybie!" She cried out.

"Coraline, I thought you left a while ago?" I asked, getting confused. "You just left a few minutes ago."

Coraline raised an eyebrow, as she shook her head, denying she left with her parents for Michigan.

"And, why are you wearing a different outfit?" I asked, stepping back, and getting frightened by the sight of Coraline climbing out of the well.

"Wybie, I missed you." Her voice rang in my ears, scaring me just a bit. Normally, I wouldn't be scared around Coraline. But, for some odd reason, there was something off about her.

"Come on, let's go inside."

And before I knew it, she was pulling me inside Grandma's apartment.

**

"The door is still there." The weird version of Coraline monotony said. She basically stared at the door, for about a good 10 seconds, then walked away.

"Wybie, come here." Coraline said, directing me to the mirror at the end of the hall. "I want to show you a magic trick." Coraline grinned, creeping me out.

"Lean into the mirror, and see if you see anything weird."

I did what she said, and leaned in, not seeing anything.

"Lean closer."

Suddenly, I was pushed into the mirror, as a scream erupted from my body. My body was falling into a black hole, when I finally fell into a dark room.

"Welcome to my world, Wybie Lovat."

I looked up, seeing the woman that Coraline had described when she went through the little door.

My mouth gaped open, as I realized where I was.

I was in the other world.