Chapter 4

*PLEASE excuse any typos, I didn't have the time to proofread twice.*

Rose was furious

Her lips were pressed into a thin line as her eyes moved rapidly from word to word, each one enraging her more than the last. "Rising star Rose's new boy toy? Exclusive details from an insider inside!" Her dark brown eyes widened as she focused her attention onto the cover page of the Tiger Beat magazine where a photo of her and Jesse engaging in a delicate kiss outside of her home was emblazoned.

Her stomach twisted and turned in knots at the thought of how Jesse would react. Jesse, she absentmindedly started to bite her nails as she thought about what Jesse would think about the tabloids. This  assault on her privacy was something she would have to become accustomed to, the last thing she wanted to do was drag Jesse into this mess.

The sweet sounds of Michael Jackson's  "Human Nature" were playing from her record table as she continued mulling over what she would say to Jesse. However, her thought process was halted by the phone ringing in the kitchen. She let it ring for a moment before the beeping began to get annoying to her. She rised from the couch stretching her arms to the ceiling releasing the tension in her arms and shoulders and made her way over to the phone. Picking up the receiver she asked "Hello?"

"Hey Rosie." Said a familiar husky voice that made her stomach flutter. "Hey Jessie." She said in a timid whisper, an unusual departure from her usual bold nature. "Look Jessie I-." "I already know." He interrupted her right in the middle of her sentence. "Don't worry about it Rosie, you didn't know that the photographer was there and I completely understand." It felt as if a weight had been lifted off of her chest as she heaved a sigh of relief. "I'm glad." There was a short pause before Jesse spoke again, "Well, what I was really calling for was whether or not you would like to come over to my place for a little Christmas Eve celebration at my house. "A Christmas Eve party should be fun,"she thought "Why not? " Sounds like a plan Mr.Katsopolis," Rose grinned as she coiled her finger around the telephone wire. "Alright I'll see you in a few days babe." Said Jesse before he hung up the phone.

Rose gently placed the phone back on the receiver before  breaking out into a huge grin. He called me babe! She thought giddily as she began to sway over to her record player to switch Her vinyl from Michael Jackson to Prince humming blissfully as the opening chords to Little Red Corvette began.

5 days later

It was finally Christmas Eve night

It was finally Christmas Eve night. Rose had flat ironed and teased her hair for the occasion and donned a Santa Claus costume. It was a bright red mini dress trimmed with white fur and she placed a black belt around her waist, her Santa hat sat lopsided on her head and on her feet she wore black stilettos boots also trimmed with white fur.