Chapter 14

I exited the classroom with my head held high as Ethan trailled behind me. We stopped at my locker and I began to switch my books for our next class.

   "That was an amazing presentation," he said seductively.

   "Thanks. I try," I responded trying to ignore the temptation inside of me.

   After a moment's pause he spoke again, this time even more sexy.

   "So what exactly are we?"

   "Hormonal homo sapiens."

   "Well that I know," he said as he moved in close. "But relationship wise, where are we?"

   The fourth period bell sounded and I frantically hurried to organize my books but he put his arms around my waist and slowly nudged my locker closed.

   I reached my hands up and rested them behind his neck, stroking his dark brown hair as I gazed into his mesmerizing eyes.   

   "What are you saying?" I asked playfully. "Hold on a second. Are you going to ask me what I think you're going to ask me?"

   "Hol, will you be my Hazel Gr-"

   I interrupted his beautiful confession with the most passionate kiss that my two lips could've created.

   I looked at him dead in the eyes and said, "Yes. Okay?"   

He smiled, hugged my head to his chest, and kissed me on the forehead, "Okay."

    I slowly pulled myself out of his grip and looked into his huge glistening 'tits of the face'.

   "Now how about that coffee?"

   ~

   We waltzed out of hell with springs in our steps. Our destination you might ask? Starbucks. He bought me the usual and we sat ourselves down in his crammed but comfy Jeep. I downed my latte and he started the engine. A typical Holland/Ethan date.

   We arrived at his apartment building which, I'm guessing, was the same one I woke up in on the Night of the Bloody Knuckles. We rode the elevator all the way up to the penthouse. He pulled out his keys, unlocked the door and leaded me into the beautiful world of Ethan Abrams.

   "Did you forget to mention your friend's family is filthy rich?" I asked overwhelmed by my surroundings. "I mean I knew you had a movie room, but I didn't seem to notice everything else!"

   "Yeah. I usually leave the 'swimming in cash' part out of the introductions."

   He brought me to his room which had like three other pseudo rooms inside of that room. It was just, the size of the Burj Khalifa. Shelves with trophies and a collection of books covered the black walls.    

   "Welcome to my safe haven," he said proudly as he sat on his bed, "This is where the magic happens."

   "Ooo. What kind of magic?"

   "Now that's one secret I'll never tell," he responded with a

gorgeous smile.   

   I giggle dflirtatiously, "And you brought me up here because..?"

   He looked me dead in the eye and said, "If you are going to live up to your role as my one and only Hazel Grace, we must know more about each other."   

   "How about a game of twenty questions?"   

   "Sounds good. Favorite movie. 1, 2, 3!"

   "The Avengers," we said simultaneously. 

   "Are you shitting me?" I asked.

   "Nope. Dead serious."

   I stared at him, eyebrows raised, and asked another question. Again, same answer. The first thing that came to my mind was that he was somehow reading my mind so, naturally, I tried to distract him. I removed my sweater, leaving me in my very tight V neck graphic tee. 

   He stared at me and cocks an eye brow as he removed his hoodie. 

   "Favorite television show. 1, 2, 3!"

   "Supernatural," we answered concurrently. 

   He took off his blue tee to reveal a wondrous set of abdominals. I smirked as I lifted my shirt over my head leaving me in my purple bra and jeans. His eyes immediately, but quickly, glanced at my extremely pushed up boobs. He scooted closer to me and placed his hand on my cheek. He started to move in for a kiss when we heard a knock at the door. 

   He gestured towards the closet and I rushed to take my place in hiding.

   "Eth, you there?"

   "Yeah. Come in."

   I peered through the crack in the door and saw Ethan slip on his shirt.

   "Woah. It smells like girl in here. Anyway, I need a shirt," Cameron explained. He walked over towards the closet and put his fingers on the handle.

   "Hey look at that," Ethan grabbed a blue v-neck and threw it at  Cameron. "There's one right here."

   "Nah. This one makes me look like a man-whore."

   "It's a fucking t-shirt!"

   I suddenly heard the door handle creak and before I knew it, a surprised blonde Cameron was staring at me in confusion and awe. I awkwardly placed my hand in front of his and introduced myself, attempting to distract him from my nakedness.   

   "Uh, hey! I'm Holland."