Chapter 1

Just what is she doing to me? I asked myself. I have never felt this way before in all my life. I remembered the first time I met her, with missing front tooth, unkept hair and untidy face and clothes. I saw nothing special about her during the time, aside from the fact she refused to speak that made me curious though. She had brought me food which I did not need, and when I told her I do not eat, that did not stop her. I was a stranger to her, and I knew I scared her when she first laid eyes on me, yet she was kind and even stayed despite the fact that she knew I was a demon.

Then the next day, she came to bring me food once again. I saw her bruises, I knew she had been beaten up and somewhere deep inside I loathed those who had hurt her. I asked her about it, but she answered me with a big wide smile, and at that exact moment, I felt the need to protect her but I did not understand why.

But when I saw her dead, my heart sank. I revived her not to test the Tenseiga, I did it because I felt the same need to protect her, to let her live.

And here we are now, in a small human village, the last place I wanted to be in if I had not met her.

After the fight with Yakunan, we all traveled back here, unsuccessful with the search for InuYasha. Kagome was devastated about it, she had not expected everything to turn out badly, none of us had. Now I know how one's death can affect someone else so badly.

Screams echoed around suddenly, villagers were scattered around. The men were gathering up their weapons while the women and children hid. Rin, who was just following a butterfly, ran to me and clutched at my Kimono.

"What is happening, Lord Sesshomaru?" She asked, I can feel her hands clutching my Kimono tighter. I placed a hand at her back to calm her. I did not have an answer for her question and that's when Priestess Kaede ran passed with her bow and arrows.

"Lady Kaede," I called. "What is the matter?"

Kaede stopped running long enough to answer my question, she continued afterwards. "A demon is attacking the village."

Again? I thought to myself. I lifted Rin up and got farther away from where the men are charging. I have got to take her to a safe place.

I let her down behind a tree near the village, she sat down on the grass. "Stay here," I told her.

I was about to run off to slay the demon myself when she grabs hold of my sleeve pulling me back. "Please be careful, Lord Sesshomaru."

I nodded once and when she finally let go, I ran off back to the village but when I got there, I saw villagers wounded and bloody. I counted five dead and seven wounded. Kaede was there tending to a man's wounds when I approached her.

"Lord Sesshomaru, quickly you must go slay the demon, it is after Kagome."

Without another word, I ran following the scent of blood and Kagome. Why did I just follow her orders? Instincts perhaps?

"Lord Sesshomaru, wait for me," A small voice called. "Your most loyal follower, Jaken."

"Go back, Jaken," I ordered and ran faster, leaving him behind. "Go and keep an eye on Rin."

I was closing in on them, their scent getting stronger. Then I caught a familiar scent, a person whom I thought dead. In the distance, I caught the sight of InuYasha, kneeling on the grass with an unconscious Kagome.

"You're alive," I said, approaching him slowly, still unable to believe it. He had not been found when we searched for him and he had been gone for three whole days so I assumed he was dead.

"You sound surprised," He replied. "As if I get killed that easily." He scooped the unconscious Kagome up into his arms and we walked back to the village. He had took care of the demon before I got there, hence the chunks of flesh on the ground.

"You taking care of the village while I was gone?" He asked.

"Hardly. I was there for a whole different reason."

"Yeah, yeah. Protecting Rin and all that," He replied. "But you did try to save Kagome a minute ago, weren't you? You've become soft hanging out around humans."

"Speak for yourself," I muttered.

"Where are Miroku and Sango?"

"They traveled to the slayer's village two days ago with their children along with Sango's little brother. They will be back tomorrow, so they said."

We arrived back at the village to see some surprised looks. It seems I was not the only one stunned to see my little brother alive and breathing.

"You are alive," Kaede spoke as she approached.

"This is not the time to be surprised," InuYasha yelled, the childish, arrogant half demon that he is. "Kagome is hurt."

"Get her to the hut now," Kaede replied. I excused myself to go find Rin and saw her exactly where I had left her. She rushed to stand up and gave me a hug. I was caught off guard at the sudden embrace and did not know what to do, I bent down to her level and returned the gesture.

Don't Forget to Vote..
Follow me perhaps..