Chapter 4

It thinks I'm a mere flea, huh? We'll see.
If mother talks of him as high and mighty, and father did not even thought about challenging this demon, what chance have I of defeating him? But I am certainly meeting him, nonetheless.

I wonder what Rin is doing as of now? The uninvited thought crossed my mind. If a mere little human girl could get me out of focus that easily, I am in no condition to fight Byakko. It is unnerving how a little girl could have such effect on a great demon such as myself, however I can't bring myself to hate her, not even for a short second. Was this what father felt when he ran off to another woman who was apparently human and had made her his wife, was it the same pull that I have towards Rin? If it is, I am more like him than I thought.

I can't face Byakko, not yet, not in the state of mind I'm in. If I'd have a chance against him, I must forget all that distracts me, and that includes Rin.

"Lord Sesshomaru, please reconsider." A small squeaky voice called out. I turned my head to my left and saw Myōga on my shoulder.

"How long have you been with me, Myōga?" I asked, fuming. He saw my eyes glowing with anger and hid behind a lock of my hair. "Long enough, my Lord."

"This is none of your concern," I scolded, picked him up and threw him to the ground. "Go back to InuYasha."

The stubborn old flea just didn't listen, he hopped and grabbed unto my leg just as I started walking away. "As your father's most loyal servant, it is my duty to look after the well being of his two sons, not only for your younger brother."

"I don't need your protection, nor your supervision." I told him and shook him off of my leg and walked away.

"I will be telling master InuYasha about this." I heard him say before I was a great distance away. I will not be challenging Byakko, not yet. I have to gather my strength, be who I was before I met Rin. I already know that that is going to take some time.

Later at the village...

"He's doing what?" I exclaimed, Myōga came riding a crow to tell me that Sesshomaru has gone off to challenge whoever may be the strongest demon there is. "Why didn't you stop him?"

"Me? A flea stop Lord Sesshomaru?" Myōga said. "I could not even stop your father from going to your mother, Izayōi, when you were about to be born, how could I possibly stop Lord Sesshomaru who is practically more stubborn. Not stubborn enough like you but close enough."

"What did you say?" I was about to pound him to the ground when Kagome happened to exit the hut and said that one word I hated the most. The next thing I knew, my face was on the ground aching.

Kagome woke up yesterday to my relief, she had me worried about her large wound, and I blame myself for all of it. She had recovered enough to stand and walk around, but her shoulder still had to be bandaged and was still slightly gushing out blood. If she keeps moving like that, the stitches she had will reopen. I worry for her a lot. She keeps pushing herself, and she does not even know her own limits. And because of that, I stood up from practically high-fiving the ground with my face and let my anger all go away, sparing her from the stress of scolding me.

"So Sesshomaru went off on his own, huh?" Kagome said, she was talking to Myōga now. "What is wrong with that? He used to go off alone before this."

"Yes, but this is different, he's off to challenge Byakko."

"Byakko? Who is that?"

"Byakko is the most powerful demon alive. He rules the southern lands and devours those who stand against him."

"So what are we waiting for?" Kagome asked. "Let's go stop him."

"Oh, no, no, no," I retorted, stepping in front of her. "You're not going with us, Kagome. You have not fully recovered yet. There is no way in hell I'm letting you come with."

"I was not asking, InuYasha," She fired back. Damn, it's hard fighting her, especially in her condition. All this fuss over that damn brother of mine, who just can't get over himself.

"Whatever," I muttered. "You're still not coming.

A few moments later..

We were on our way south in search for Sesshomaru, and I have Kagome on my back. Damn, she just wouldn't give up, stubborn girl.

Don't Forget to Vote..
Follow me perhaps..