Mama Said...

A/N: There is a bit more cursing in this chapter as well as some  intense violence. You have been warned.

Alesia stares up at the three-story home; eyes glued to the brightly lit window on the first floor where the man shes come to see sits. For a week this place plagued her. An ache in her chest would form whenever Vivian insisted on coming over here.

The need to apologize for her behavior overwhelming though Alesia can't explain why. She didn't owe this man anything. There's no reason to feel guilty about this man catching her with Daniel. Except the disappointment that emated from the man the moment her gaze fell on him.

It's stupid. The man's blind; covered with sunglasses day and night. How could Alesia know Mr. Hale was disappointed in her without seeing his eyes.

A feeling. That's all Alesia has to go on. An undeniable feeling that washes over her when the man paused at the door, turning to glance at her.

"We can just go babe."

Alesia turns to see Daniel sticking his head out the driver-side window, grinning. Vivian would ask if she stopped by and she will never hear the end of it should she decide not to bother.

Alesia shakes her head. "I'll only be a moment."

She takes the steps one at a time, careful not to trip over the heels. Reaching the door, she rings the bell and waits patiently for Harold to welcome the newest guest. He does, as expected, surprised to see the young girl standing there.

"I just wanted to thank Mr. Hale." Alesia looks to the dress and Harold stiffens.

The disappointment on his face is evident, still he steps aside, allowing to enter and not bothering to escort her further. Alesia knows the halls well, capable of finding the double oak doors without having to glance up. Knocking on them makes the sound echo through the hall and it isn't unlikely for Harold to pop around the corner and scold her for making a racket. That doesn't happen though. Mr. Hale calls for her to enter, and her gaze instantly fix on the man sitting behind his desk.

Surprised to see him in his usual business suit with the tie and first few buttons undone. The shirt stretches across his broad shoulders, fitting to his thin form as he sits back in his chairs. Fingers coming forward to meet at their points while facing her.

"Is there something you wanted, Alesia."

The hard tone of his voice makes her look away; giving her a full view of the wooden floor and the gown that she came to speak of.

Gathering courage, she says, "I just wanted to thank you for the dress. It's beautiful and I really appreciate it."

"You're wearing it now." His head dips down. There's a longing in his voice that can't be placed and It scares and intrigues her all at once.

"Yes, sir."

Mr. Hale stands, long legs caring him across the room until he is in front of her. Alesia freezes when his hands comes up push the curls behind her ear, running his fingers down her cheek until it rests on her shoulder.

"I'm sure it looks beautiful on you," he says, voice nearly a whisper.

Alesia smiles at his words, ducking to hide the blush that heats her cheeks. When she turns back to him, his closer than ever before, excitement and fear jolts through her system.

"I should go, Daniel's waiting," she says, pulling out of his grasp. Thankful that Vivian pushed her to come here. There's a weight off of her shoulders knowing that Mr. Hale's no longer upset with her.