Secrets...

Alesia wakes to the sound of the door clicking close, hands reaching out to the still warm side of the bed as she let's out a huff. Already the sheets are growing cold and Alesia rolls over. Throwing her arm over her head to clear her mind.

She can't explain what's going through her head. Mr. Hale is a constant in her life. The much needed male presence that her own father was not, but she didn't see him as that father figure.

Mentor,  teacher – and after yesterday- protector. What she's feeling now though, waking up in his bed is throwing her off. Causing a strange feeling in her stomach that she's not willing to look into at the moment.

Rubbing at her eyes, Alesia sits, staying on the side of the bed for a moment taking in the room. The clean space with dark colors, and another sigh escapes her.

You're not abut a child to him, she thinks. A sad, pathetic child.

Heaving up to her feet, Alesia slips through the connecting bathroom. Washing the sleep from her face before heading into the guest room to dig through the bag of clothes that Harold brought her yesterday.

The kitchen's filled with the smell of bacon, eggs and Teresa humming before the stove. Alesia brightens at the sight of her, heading around the counter to see what the woman's cooking up. There's bell peppers and mushrooms chopped up on the counter with tortilla's set to the side and the smile grows on Alesia's face.

"Almost finished?"

Teresa glances at her, eyes narrowing for a second at her presence before nodding. "A few more minutes."

"Great, I'll be in the library." Alesia turns, heading down the hall into the large space. Stopping at the doorway for a moment, wondering what to do. Normally she would be coming in here to either clean or study. Now the space is clear with nothing immediate for her do.

Glancing toward the back of the room, she eyes the shelf filled with the Italian books and makes for the shelves. Thumbing through them until she comes across the one with broken spine titled "A Decade"

Sitting the corner chair, she props her legs up on the arms and sets about focusing on the translation. The first pages are easy enough. Reading about the man's strange meeting with a girl, soon finding that he can't get her out of his head. Even going as far as doing what he canto befriend her and keep her in his life.

An awkward love story if Alesia ever saw one and she settles further into the seat. Absorbed in the man's antics at winning his lady's love,wishing a man would be as sweet to her when there's a knock on the door.

She jumps, snapping the book shut at the same time she sees Mr. Hale – Jamie-In the door way. "Mr. Hale, I was wondering where you slipped off to."

She stands, placing the book back before heading toward him. Watching as he seems to stare at her, his sightless eyes following her across the library until she's standing in front of him.

He smiles when she grows closer. "What did I ask you to call me last night?"

Alesia ducks."Right, sorry. I'm so used to calling you..." The words trail off when a smile appears on his face and she looks to the floor again,pushing her hair back.

"It's fine.Call me what you want." He rests on a hand on the nearest chair.The silence engulfing them for several minutes as Alesia wonders what's going to happen now.

He'll probably send her home after breakfasts. With nothing more than a quick mention to watch who she trusts in the future and a reassuring reminder that he's here for her. It's more than she deserves. This whole weekend is more than she expected and she's thankful for each moment of it.