Chapter 7

Oh what's this?! Another chapter so soon?! Wowee, that's swell! Enjoy this sweet little chapter and leave me a comment. Papa Forrester is on the side over there (Hugh Jackman, awe yeah). I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH OKAY!?

Chapter 7

I stared at my phone, blinking several times. What? Take me for a burger? Why would he want to do that? What? I closed out of my messages and pulled up my most used contact, calling my best friend.

“Ellery Jane, how can I help you?” Chris answered.

“Chris, I don’t know what to do. Help me.”

“Did he ask you?”

“What?” How did Chris know already.

“What? Did you think that he wouldn’t come to your best friend for advice? He stopped me after practice and asked me if I thought it was a good idea.”

“Why did you tell him it was a good idea?!”

“Because you like burgers, and he likes burgers, you like him, and he likes you, and he wanted to hang out with you, so why wouldn’t it be a good idea?”

“I don’t know. I just can’t handle things like this!”

“It’s not even a date, Ellery. He just wants to hang out. Plus, he’s buying. Free burgers, Ellery, come on.”

I groaned. “I don’t know.”

“Do it. Just tell him yes. I already told him that you would agree.”

“I hate you.”

“Love you, too. Now text the kid back.”     

“Bye.” I hung up the phone with Chris and re-opened my messages, staring at the last one from Ashton: Could you condone it if I took you out for a massive burger??

It was very smooth of him, and now that I knew that he had talked to Chris about everything, I thought it was cute. It had been eight minutes since I’d read the message, and I felt bad that he’d been waiting that long for an answer. “What the hell,” I sighed, typing out a response.

< That depends; are you buying? :)

< Oh of course! I offered, so I’m buying. That’s a yes then?

< Well, it could be. Depends on one question, though.

< Yeah? What’s that?

< Why?

< I’ve been craving a burger lately, and Chris mentioned that you like them.

< Well he didn’t lie. I’ve been known to kill a burger or two.

< So you’re definitely in then?

< Sure :D

< Awesome :) tomorrow after school??

< Don’t you have practice?

< Actually, my coach has allowed me to skip due to certain plans. :)

< Oh god. Did you seriously talk to him too?

< :) I’ll see you tomorrow Ellery.

I set my phone down on my bed and went to the living room, where I knew my dad would be grading papers while watching Law & Order. I sat next to him on the couch and leaned my head on his shoulder, sighing heavily.