Chapter 15

Here it is!! Pretty much wrote all of this today. I was inspired by something (probably the ice cream I had, or all Ashton's selfies lately). ALSO CAN WE GET A HALLELUJAH FOR LIAM'S INSTAGRAM?!?!

Dedicated to ewashton, for reading this whole story in like two days, voting a trillion times, and leaving cute comments. Also, she writes a magnificent Ashton fic called No. 1 Party Anthem; you should read it. I'm obsessed.

Uhhh, yeah. Hope you like it. Love you guys. Vote or comment or tell me you love me. :) xx

Chapter 15

“Are you sure Jake and Jessie are gone?” I asked Ashton for what was probably the fiftieth time since he’d come over after practice.

“Yeah, Eric took them both to the batting cages and then they’re going out for pizza. They shouldn’t be back until later this evening.” I had put Ashton in charge of helping get Jake and Jessie out of the house so that I could talk to my parents and Chris. Apparently, he told Eric that he was planning something romantic tonight and needed the kids out of the house. “Everything is set, don’t worry.” He walked over and wrapped his arms around me, holding me close.

“It’s hard not to worry, Ashton. My dad is not going to take this well, and I’m pretty sure Chris will hate me.” I buried my face in Ashton’s chest, breathing in the spicy, woody scent of his cologne. “My mom’s gonna be disappointed, and-”

“Shh,” Ashton started rubbing my back. “It won’t be as bad as you think it will.”

“What time is it?”

I felt him shift so he could see my alarm clock. “Almost 6:30.”

I groaned. “Chris is going to be here soon, and then we have to sit through dinner like nothing is wrong and I’m not about to drop the biggest bomb in the universe on them.”

“Hey, hey, hey.” Ashton used his fingers to tilt my chin up. “I know that telling you to calm down won’t help, but I promise, I’ll be right there next to you the whole time. If you need me at all, I’m right there. You can do this, Ellery, I know you can.”

I gave him a small smile and leaned up to give him a quick kiss. “Thank you.”

“You don’t need to thank me. Just please tell me you’re free next Sunday.”

“Why? I might have super important plans.”

“Our second date is planned for next Sunday. What could be more important than that?”

“Can I know where we’re going?”

Ashton shook his head and smiled at me. “Not until I come to pick you up. I have to make sure you’re dressed properly.”

“I could dress properly if you told me where we were going to go.”

“Nope. That would ruin the surprise.”

I sighed heavily. “Well, I don’t know if I’m free. It would suck if you made plans for nothing.”

“Luckily for me I already talked to your dad about it and you have no plans next Sunday.”

I glared at him. “You’ve just thought of everything, haven’t you?”

“Yeah, I sort of had to for this one. Our third date will be completely unplanned though.”

“You’re getting a little ahead of yourself, Ashtray.”

He shoved me gently. “I’ll leave right now.”