Chapter 3

Picture on the side is what I imagine Blake's mother to look like... (imagine some wrinkles here and there) >>>>>>>

Beep. Beep. Beep.

I tossed in bed, reaching for the snooze button.

BEEP. Beep. Beep.

"Mom, the frickin' alarm won't turn off." I yell.

Mom runs in and smiles as she opens my curtains and blinds. "Time to get up, baby. Breakfast is on the table. I've gotta run. I'll be gone until late tonight, okay sweetie? Daddy's coming back today. I love you." She said before taking off.

And by taking off, I mean running at 60mph down the stairs. I jump to my feet, twisting my hair into a bun as I get up. I ran to her room, snatching up her lab coat and proceeded to slide down the stairs. I quickly make coffee for her. Grabbing two jumbo-sized blueberry muffins, I shove both the coffee and the muffins into her car, knowing she would totally forget to eat breakfast if I didn't. I hear Mom running down the stairs. I walk back into the kitchen and sit down. "Bye, honey. Gotta go. Don't die and use PROTECTION!" She yelled, running out the door.

"Mom, LAB COAT. " I yell, running after her. She turns around and sighs.

"Oh, Blake, what would I do without you?" She said, slipping the coat on.

"I'll take care of Xander today, Mom," I say, smirking.

"Dear God, I'm a HORRIBLE mother! I completely forgot about Xander!" She said, doing a face-palm.

"Mom, it's fine. Just chill. I got the little guy." I said, kissing her cheek.

"I looked at the clock. Right now you've got about forty-five minutes to beat the California traffic."  I push her toward the car, waving at her to go.

She smiled at me apologetically and said, "Spa. This weekend. Just the two of us. I promise, sweetie." 

"Ma, I'm at Ethiopia, remember?"

"Damn." She said, stomping her foot. I couldn't help it. I burst out laughing. I loved my mother. Even though she was in her forties, the only word that came into mind when I looked at her was "adorable." She had weird blue-purple eyes, which went well with her name, Violet, and short brown hair that she had attempted to cut herself. The result was jagged hair and uneven bangs that gave her an air of an over-grown child. It didn't help that she had a skinny-jeans and go-go boots obsession.

"Mom, it's fine. Go. You already wasted ten minutes." 

She hit the gas and sped out of there. I smiled to myself. I walked upstairs, waking up Xander.  I got the little guy ready for school. Poor Mom. She worked her ass off being a doctor. Between Dad, who's a brain surgeon, and Mom, a psychiatrist, our family had plenty of money. It was kind of hard sometimes, them being in and out of the house, but that only made me love them more. They always did their best to make time for us and that's what counts. I smiled at Xander. I carried him downstairs, giving him the breakfast Mom made for me. He needs it more. He looks like he's on the verge of falling asleep. "Baby, I'll go take a shower and I'll be right down, okay? Watch Diego until then." I said to Xander, kissing his cheek when he said "Okay, Bwake"

I quickly took a shower and got dressed. My favorite pair of skinny jeans, my "Why are you reading my shirt" shirt, and some blue Converse. I shoved my hair up into a bun, not wanting to leave Xander alone for too long. I heard voices downstairs. Not, Go Diego Go voices, but VOICES. I started to freak out. I ran to the attic and grabbed a baseball bat. Slinging my book bag on, I edged down the stairs.