Chapter 32

Audrey's POV:

"I was 13 almost 14, Avalina was 17. Avalina was picking me up from school. She and I were walking home, we heard a scream. We ran towards it. We witnessed--a murder. It was a girl. She looked sadly at me before closing her eyes and...you know..dieing. He beat her with a shovel, and a bat. He cracked her skull open. The guy saw us and told us to never ever speak of it or else he would do the same thing to us. He instructed us to help him discard the body. W-We helped him because we were terrified. We helped him dump her body in a ditch across town. The girl..The girl was the same age as me,13. She was all over the news. Her name was Emma Smith. They never found her body, or the guy. I felt so guilty I almost turned myself in, but Avalina told me she would handle things. You know why Avalina lives in London and not the United States? She was running away from...this. Her past. If it weren't for her stopping me, I would be in jail right now." I said as I felt tears prickling my eyes.

Ronnie sat there speechless.

He even parked into an empty parking lot, and looked at me with......disgust.

"You've never told anyone this?" Ronnie scolded.

"N-No." I stuttered.

I looked at Katherine through the mirror, and she glared at the car seats dumbstruck.

"I-I'm sorry! I just--We were scared. Ronnie the guy threatened us! He even made us give him our full names and where we lived! He said that if we ever told another living soul he would find us, and murder us." I cried.

Ronnie features softened, but he still looked betrayed.

"You could've told me. You and Avalina can go to jail for this, and you didn't have the heart to tell me?" Ronnie grumbled.

"Ronnie," I began while tears flowed out of my eyes.

"Just, don't." Ronnie sighed placing his head in his hands.

"You know what? Call the cops. Tell them what I did. I know you want to." I said handing him his phone.

I felt...angry.

I know what we did was huge, but Ronnie didn't even have the decency to look at it through my point of view?

I didn't have a choice!

"Audrey, you know I wouldn't do that. Just why would you keep something this big from me?" Ronnie asked angrily.

I scoffed and opened the car door.

I ran out of the car and ran towards the woods.

I heard Ronnie's footsteps behind me, so I ran even faster.

I tripped on a rock, and fell face first to the wet, muddy ground.

I got up immediately wiping away the dirt from my face with my sleeve.

"Audrey! Please stop!" Ronnie called.

I sighed and started running back.

I tripped again on the same rock, but instead of falling into the cold, wet ground, I fell into a pair of strong arms.

I regained my balance and looked at Ronnie.

"Do your parents know about this?"

"No.." I said looking at the overgrown grass.

He ran his hand through his hair.

"Audrey this is really serious." Ronnie said locking eyes with me.

"I know." I said quietly.

"Ple-" Ronnie started but got cut off by my phone making a beep.

I took it out and widened my eyes in fear.