Just a normal day

A/n please forgive any spelling and grammar mistakes.

I'm sitting in the squeaky office char affectionately known as squeaker; waiting for something to go wrong. I work as a lifeguard at Jones beach NY (or any other beach in NY). I'm just getting up to get a drink of water when my co-worker and best friend Percy Jackson comes in looking troubled. His eyebrows knitted over his sea green eyes."Hey what's up man. You don't look so good." I tell him.

"Lisa I have to tell you something. We've been friends for a long time now and I think I can trust you" he says in a very serious tone.

"Of course you can trust me Percy. Tell me." I say, putting my hand on his shoulder.

"I'm a demigod" he tells me. His face a complete mask of nothing.

"What?" I ask.

"I'm a demigod" he repeats. Wow. Ok my best friend is half myth.

"Who's your mythical half?" I ask. He laughs.

"Poseidon." He tells me.

"Makes sense." I say. Percy looks shocked.

"You are taking this news so calmly." He says.

"Yeah. I guess I'm just happy I'm not a demigod." I say. I look back out over the water and see a man struggling in a Rip current. I point over to the man and say "Do you want to get that one or should I?"

"You go I'm exhausted." Percy says smiling.

"Ok" I say rolling my eyes and smacking him lightly on the head. I run out of lifeguard head quarters to go do my job.

*~*~*~*
A few days later Percy and I have the early shift at work and he is late. I don't think much of it he is always a least five to ten minutes late when we have the early shift. Fifteen minutes go by, don't worry about it Lisa he probably just got stuck in traffic I tell my self. Then thirty, maybe he over slept his alarm, it wouldn't be the first time. Then three hours and I'm starting to get worried. I phone Sally and ask her if she knows where Percy is. She says that she hasn't seen him since he left for work three hours ago. I start to panic. Where is he? Is he ok? Just as I'm thinking about calling the police someone knocks on the door to lifeguard head quarters and standing on the other side is none other than Percy son of Poseidon Jackson. He looks awful. Bleeding head to toe with little cuts, a black eye, and he is limping on his left foot.

"Whoa! What happened to you bro?" I ask.

"I got attacked by monsters on the way to work." He says In a casual tone.

"Ok then. Let's get you fixed up" I tell him. I help hem get in to lifeguard head quarters and start to fix his cuts. Then I rap his ankle and give him and ice pack for his eye. "There." I say.

"Thanks" he says.

"No problem. So do you get attacked on the way to work often?" I question.

"Sometimes." He answers. Well that explains all his random bruises that he blamed on clumsiness.

"Well you better take it easy today. It's not to busy so you can relax and heal." I tell him. He starts to argue, but I shut him down with the mom look.

"Alright" he says.

A/n
Thank you guys so much for reading I know it sucks right now but it will get better.
Stay whelmed
💚