Chapter 24

Okay, I know I suck. I truly have hated myself for not updating, but I just haven't felt like writing anything for the past couple days. However, I finally managed to write this up! I'm not exactly proud of it, but eh, I guess it'll do. It's pretty long, so yeah. :3 Hope you enjoy and will leave me awesome feedback. :)) This chapter was difficult to write, and you'll understand why after reading some parts of it...

Jessie's POV

"Are you sure you want to go to work?" Harry asked me as I towel dried my hair.

I sighed quietly. This was about the tenth time he's bothered to ask me that question. "Yes, Harry. I really do. I'm tired of staying in bed all day and the doctor didn't tell me I couldn't go to work, he just said to rest whenever I can." I said softly and brushed through my hair.

His hand found my hip, and I bit my lip slightly. "Okay, I'll stop asking you about that, but Jessie, do you really want Louis to take you to this appointment? I'd be happy to take you, babe." He frowned and kissed my ear. His body was pressed against my back and his wet heat from the shower he'd just taken soak through the fabric of my work dress. It felt nice.

I resisted the urge to frown or sigh. I didn't want to give it away. "He wants to take me, Harry. I think it has something to do with how hurt he is right now."

"He seems fine around us. Why would he just want to be around you?" He frowned again and ran his fingers through his slightly wet hair.

I smiled softly and moved a few curls out of his face that he missed. "Because I'm his sister. That's the only thing I can think of. You guy might have known him longer than I have, but I guess I make him feel like everything is going to be okay." I pressed a soft kiss to his cheek. "Besides, I'll make sure to tell you everything as soon as we're both home. It shouldn't take that long."

He slowly nodded and hugged me despite my wet hair damping his clothes. "Please don't leave anything out, Jessie. I just wanna make sure you're alright." He whispered.

I bit my lip and leaned my head on him. "I know, Harry. I'm okay. I promise." I whispered.

***

I pushed my way into the diner and exhaled with relief. I was finally away from Harry and his constant worried glances. Don't get me wrong, I love him and the way he's worried for me, but I needed to get away from him for a little while. I needed to plan out what I was going to say to him, and I needed to prepare for anything he might have said to me. My hand instantly went down to my stomach and rubbed it gently. Don't worry, Peanut, we'll get through this. No matter what daddy might say. 

"Jessie, are you okay?" Zach's voice sounded from behind the counter.

I sighed quietly and walked over to him. "Why is that the only question I get to hear now of days?"

He frowned. "Sorry, you just look run down and tired."

I shrugged. "It's okay. But yeah, I am run down and tired. I'll be fine though. I just wanna work and get through this day." I bit my lip. "Is Mr. McCoy here? I need to talk to him."

"I think he's in his office." Zach responded and inclined his head to the hallway.

I nodded a bit. "Thanks. I'll be back in a minute." I said softly and began walking down toward the hallway. I nervously fiddled with my fingers as I walked down the long corridor then paused outside of my boss' door and I softly knocked on it.

"Come in." He called from inside.

I bit my lip and slowly twisted the door knob then pushing the door open before I walked inside. "Mr. McCoy?" I asked softly.