Chapter 29

Demons has just recently reached 30K, and I cannot thank you guys enough. I love you so freaking much! :D I tried to make this chapter special...but it's not really. You just get more suspense and clues. Haha. But it's still an update, so here you go. :P I'll update sooner, I promise! :D

Niall's POV

Jessie stormed past me in such a daze that she didn't even notice me, and I frowned. What could Harry have said to her that would have caused such a reaction from her? I looked around to see Louis walking toward me in a similar manner, however, he stopped in front of me.

"Come on, Niall, we're leaving," He said abruptly.

I frowned again and caught his arm before he could pass. "Did you pay Harry's bail already?" I asked him.

He didn't look at me. "No. We're not going to. Come on, lets go," He responded and tried to walk away, but again I wouldn't let him.

"Louis, what's the matter with you?" I asked in disbelief.

He jerked his arm away. "He hurt my sister, Niall. Let the fucker rot in jail for a few days, maybe it'll do him some good," He said through clenched teeth.

I blinked. "Louis, that's not fair," I stated and crossed my arms.

"Not fair?" He laughed and rolled his eyes. "It's not fair that he left my sister whenever she's pregnant, Niall," His tone was chilled, and it made me nervous. I was still on edge around the lads because of the things Liam and I had to say to them, and I hoped we'd do it soon.

"Jessie's pregnant?" I asked and blinked a few times as if I hadn't heard him correctly.

"Yes. And Harry walked out on her. He deserves to stay in jail for a few days, or maybe even forever," Louis responded.

I sighed. "Don't talk like that, Louis," I mumbled.

He scoffed slightly. "And why shouldn't I?"

"Because if he deserves to be in jail then so do all of us. He was in here once to cover for us," My words were hushed because we were still in the police station, and I really didn't want someone to listen in on this conversation.

Louis glared at me. "Niall, that was three years ago. It's over and done with. None of us are like that now," He firmly stated.

I kept my arms crossed and looked at him with an annoyed expression. "So what? We still have the fucking money, Louis. It's not done with," I said through my teeth and resisted the urge to say anything about what I knew. I desperately wanted to tell him that it obviously wasn't other with because someone was after us, but I couldn't. Not yet anyway.

"Niall, why are you acting like this? He's hurt my fucking sister and I think he should stay in this hell hole for a while," He spat at me.

I kept my expression filled with annoyance. "You're to much involved, Louis. I know that you're upset, and I get it, but I can't choose sides on this. I won't. And either will Liam or Zayn. We love Harry and Jessie very much, and we can't let our mate rot in jail," I said without bating an eye.

Louis glared at me again. "Why?"

"Why what?" I responded.

"Why can't you just let him rot in jail?"

"Because he's our mate, Louis. I know that he's done a lot to hurt you and Jessie, but he hasn't hurt us. I can't let him stay in there whenever we need everyone together. We have to much at stake right now," I stated firmly.

"What do we have at stake, Niall? I've lost the girl I've been in love with for practically my entire life to a deadbeat, and nothing has happened to anyone else. None of us have much left to loose," He whispered.