Fire Feather

My name is Katie Underwater, i'm 15, and my parents were elemental sirens. I'll explain throughout my story, but for now you'll have to start from the beginning...

  My friend Lilybeth, a blonde, green eyed, tall girl walked to me with her black parka jacket zipped up. Her big smile told me something very perky was happening. "Katie I have good news!" I rolled my copper eyes to the celing, pretending to admire the stark white flat surface. "Kate? Wake up and stop ignoring the fact that you gotten asked out!" I looked at her like the heck? "What are you talking about?" She rolled her eyes as if I didn't know. "Ashford Winston asked you out for the Halloween Dance! Weren't you awake when he passed you the note?" I shook my head . For the past few days I have been out of it, my mind has been in some kind of trance, I heard some woman's voice singing in an angelic voice.

 Right when I opened my mouth to say something, a tan hand grabbed my shoulder and turned me. I was face-to-face with a skull with two wicked daggers stabbing through the skalp. I looked up and saw my friend Chance's tan face. His serious down-to-earth stare stabbed through me. "Hey Chance." I smiled but his unmoving glare stayed. "Ashford? Are you serious?" He said in his dark, deep voice. I rolled my eyes. "Just because you and him had a small fight over a girl in the 6th grade doesn't mean you have to be overprotective over me." He rolled his eyes as if he didn't mean that. He sighed and let go of my small shoulders. "I'm just worried... He dates girls for a 'fun night' then dumps them ofter they get knocked up. I just dont want to see you go down that road, Katie." He got a fistfull of my raven black hair in his long fingers and looked at it worridly. "I'm gonna be fine, plus I dont do that stuff you know that." I slipped my hair from his grasp and put it back up in a ponytail and I heard Lilybeth do her pixie-like giggle. "What?" I said suddenly self-consiously. She pointed at a red feather in my hair. "Since when did you like feathers, Katie?" She asked still giggling. I looked at it curiously, grabbing it and then tugged slightly, which was a mistake because it hurt like it has grown from my scalp. "Ouch" I mumbled. I heard the school ringtone over the intercom: "Ms. Underwater please visit the principle in the principles office." I rolled my eyes and put my hands on my hips as I walked over the the office that I visited now for the 43rd time I have been in this school. Again, My name is Katie Underwater and i'm an elemental siren, other sirens try to hunt me down and take the oceans flame liderally from my heart, a rare jewel the anceint greeks used to protect their specific siren. Well... Welcome to my funny little kick-ass world.