Chapter Two ~ Greetings

The Armourer awoke to the sound of yells. He grew curious about the noise. He jumped out of bed and pranced to the door, peeking his head out from it. The troll then saw that an ruby blooded troll thieved a small bracelet from a moss blood. The sienna blood knew that he should not get involved in such actions, especially with the position he was given. But curiosity was tempting him more today than it normally should have. He put the hood of his cape over his head and raced after the thief.

Once he had caught up, the ruby blood quickly looked at him. "Why the hell are you following me?" The Armourer hesitated to answer. "I personally was scrutinized by what you were doing. What is the exact purpose of your thievery?" The troll glared slightly. "No questions until we find a place to rest" The sienna blood nodded and draggled behind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Around fifteen minutes later, they decide to rest in an alleyway.

The ruby lightly panted and scanned the road before sitting on the dusty ground. They looked over to the sienna blood. "Alright. Now what was it that you wanted to know? "

"I said that I wondered the exact purpose of your thievery "

They sighed before responding." You should know the answer to that. You are a low blood like me after all." The Armourer looked a tad confused. The position he held made it somewhat easier to live as a troll in a low blooded caste. It has been a long time since he had to deal with some of the troubles and he forgot some reasoning. The troll chuckled softly to their self.

"I guess that you have forgotten? You know that life is extremely difficult for us, especially since we are low. For that we have to work harder than the rest. More labor, less profit. But then again.." they paused for second, only for the reason to be dramatic. "..You'd be willing to do anything to survive, right? I stole the bracelet to get a little more money.. Or at least trade it for supplies "

"So you steal for profit?"

"pretty much...yes"

"wouldn't that make even more of a reason for the highbloods you have you culled? "

The ruby nodded. "Yes.. It would. But, that's the thrill of it. You know.. " they looked around quickly before finishing. "..if you're up for feeling some type of freedom and thrill... I would gladly show you a few tricks. "

The Armourer had the look of surprise and shock. He never thought of stealing for a living. But then again, he had also thought many, many times about the feeling of freedom. He longed for it ever since he understood the wrath of the highbloods. He agreed to the lessons with the ruby blooded troll. "Oh and if I may ask.. What is your title? "

"My title? It's The Carnifex. "