Chapter 5

(Harry's POV)

"Wes is waiting for you outside, honey," Mom tells me from downstairs.

"I'll be right down, give me a minute," I struggle to put on my sneakers. Why did I have to double knot them yesterday?

I pull on the laces at all different ways until finally the knot breaks loose and I slip my foot right in, doing the same with my other foot. Then I tie them as quick as I can. My shoes still feel very loose but I have no time to fix the damn laces.

I head downstairs and out the door.

Wes honks his car. "You're going to be late which will make me late!" He leans over to the passenger seat and reaches across to open the door for me. "Are we picking up Ava?"

"No her mom is giving her a ride,"

Once a song started playing on the radio, Wes started humming.

"Can you stop you're being annoying," I say through my gritted teeth.

"What's gotten in to you?" Wes glances at me.

I take a deep breath in. "I'm sorry. I just don't seem like being in the mood right now,"

"Haven't gotten any sleep?"

"No it isn't that,"

"Headache?"

"No,"

Wes drops me off at the front entrance as always. I get out the car and shut the door.

"Well let's just hope that mood goes away when you go out with Ava tonight," He says as I was walking into the school.

"What?"

Oh my god, I am so fucking forgetful.

(Ava's POV)

It was time to go to lunch but I didn't bother to eat anything. I just couldn't wait until this afternoon. Harry always brings these cute little presents for me after we eat and I treasure every single one.

The first one was a necklace. It had an H on it. For his name. And on the back of that letter H, in small engravings were the words "I love you forever". But then after two months he....

Never mind. I can't have those thoughts in my head. He apologized to me and told me he would never leave me again. And I'm positive that that promise will never be broken.

"Ava?"

I snap out of my thoughts and see that Spencer was trying to talk to me.

"Uhh, are you okay?" Spencer asks, "you've been staring at the wall for a while now,"

"Yeah I'm fine. Just thinking that's all,"

"About what?" Spencer moves her chair closer to me, "come on tell your wacko friend your thoughts,"

She starts to move closer and closer to my face and then I give in before she can get any closer.

"Okay, okay!" I push her face away, "all I was just thinking about the first time Harry and I went on a date,"

"Ohh. Are you nervous?"

"Not about the date it's just.."

"Just what?"

"Never mind."

"Do you want to tell me or should I just drop out of this one?" Spencer asks, "I don't want to push you to tell me anything,"

"I don't really want to say it." I confess.

The bell goes off which means lunch ended and class starts again.