Once Upon a time...

I can't start in the middle of all the action; so here's where I'll start.

My name is Lenaan. Lenaan Nova Ukobach-Mattacascar.

Unique name? I know. I've been told that all my life. Trust me, if I could change it, I would. But, I believe in being old-fashioned, so as much as I hate being an Ukobach, I'll take pride in being the only known living member of the royal family.

What? You thought I was talking about Lenaan?

The story is that my mother wanted to name a boy Leonard, and my father wanted to name a girl Leanna. When I was born, being a girl was surprising to both of them because they both thought I was a boy since my father had thirteen brothers and my mother was the only woman in a long line if princes and kings. My mother absolutely loathed the name Leanna when it was proposed, and she was still hung up on the name Leonard. So, happily ever after, my father sacrificed the name Leanna for my mother and made Leonard more feminine. Leonon just sounds weird, like the based it on Leon, so they settled on Lenaan.

I like the nick-name Lena best. Plus, it sticks to Leonard.

So Mommy is happy, and gets what she wants. Like she always does.

And that factor brings us back to what I said. Quick recap: "so as much as I hate being an Ukobach, I'll take pride in being the only known living member of the royal family"

Aaand now we're back.

You see, when my father, King Willus Damien Ukobach, was bedridden because of illness and his body atrophied, as well as his will to live any longer, my mother, Queen Ellis Alexandra Mattcascar's will did also. As she watched my father die, she died inside as well. When he finally did pass, she was forced into a depression. Each time I tried to speak with her... I just made her sadder because I look like my father more than I look like her. It hurt me to remind her of her passed love, and so I felt ashamed to be me. So, I didn't speak with her, to avoid the hurt that it brought to both of us.

The night I heard her fall was what made me regret that the most.

....There wasn't a chance that she could live... Every bone in her body was shattered. And even if there was a chance, I don't think that she would've stayed. She never wanted to in the first place.

Uhm, anyways...

You think I'm a queen now, right? It's what everyone thinks. But, no.

Technically to be a queen you've got to legally be an adult, and since I'm not nineteen yet, I can't be inducted for the crown unless I marry, and I'm really not that rushed.

So, here I am.

Your very own Princess Lennon Nova Ukobach-Mattacascar. Yours truly is a very unusual princess, because I'm supposed to rule two kin--queendoms, not just one. There was never a merger because the one where I've decided to live, the Mattacascar one, is half-way across the world from the Ukobach one.

So, there was no merger.

Now, since I'm not a queen you're probably curious as how old I am. I'm seventeen, and I enjoy long walks on the beach and intimate hugs. Just kidding, that's quite odd. Walking on the beach? Please. In Slovokia? Do you think I'm crazy?

So that's where I'm currently residing, in Russia. But; Enough about me. It's time our story begins. Every great tale does somewhere, right?