Chapter Four

It's been two weeks since Jamie said he had to head home. It was right after they got back to Mako's place, and Mako didn't question him. He didn't expect anything from Jamie but he was getting worried. He knew he didn't do anything wrong and he's starting to worry. Maybe he did do something wrong. Maybe Jamie just didn't like him. Mako sighed and opened his phone. Jamie left his number so Mako decided to text him. He hasn't texted yet, just because he didn't want to seem desperate.

To: Jamison
Hey.

He tossed his phone on his bed and went to the bathroom. He looked at himself in the mirror and started pointing out his flaws. Thick lips. Wide nose. Double chin. Big neck. Everything was big on him. He ran his hands over his face and trudged back to his room. He hasn't needed to work in about a month because of the big job he did. It paid very nicely but he was getting restless. He decided to go downtown just to walk around.

He got dressed and pulled on his boots. He opened his phone again just to check. Nothing. He bit his lip and left his quiet house.

The day was great, though a little hot. Mako didn't live too far from what was considered downtown. Streets of cute little shops and decorated lampposts. People walking dogs. One of those people passed him and his dog was trying to walk up to Mako, pulling hard on the leash. He smiled at the girl.

“Can I pet him?” She nodded and he knelt down to pet the sweet dog. He was big and white and Mako chuckled at how excited he was. He stood up and waved to the girl as he walked on.

As he was walking he noticed a little tattoo and piercing shop squished in between an antique shop and a vape shop. He went to a different tattoo parlor for his dick piercing. On a whim he walked through the door. There were seats on one side of the wall, where you get piercings or tattoos. A guy about his age was sitting at the counter on a barstool sketching.

He looked up. “What can I help you with?”

“I’m thinking about getting a nose piercing.”

“What kind?”

“Septum. Maybe an eyebrow piericing as well.”

“Alright. Together that’ll be about 50 bucks along with the cost of the jewelry you get. Choose your jewelry and we’ll get started.” He tapped at the glass counter where all the jewelry was. There were also swiveling cases on top of the counter. He looked at the nose rings and chose a silver ring with a ball, called a ball closure ring. For his eyebrow he chose a simple silver ring.

He showed them to the cashier and he unlocked the case to retrieve them. Then he showed Mako to one of the seats.

“I’ll be back, gotta get Ernie to pierce ya.” Mako sat and the guy went to the back. He came back with a young thin guy covered in tattoos. He must be Ernie. He was wearing green surgical gloves and brought out packaged needles.

“Y’know septum piercings are getting popular.” He smiled at Mako and Mako nodded and closed his eyes as Ernie got the needles ready.

He may seem all big and tough but Mako is afraid of needles. They just freak him out but when he walked out of there he was looking pretty badass.

The next street he was on had a music shop. Mako has always known how to play a ukulele but these past few years he’s really strayed from playing. He sold his old ukulele recently because he just wasn’t playing it. He might just look at what they have. He walked in and was met with beautiful classical piano music. There was a man sitting at a small piano in the corner. He was black and had blonde dreads pulled up in a ponytail. He looked like he was really in the zone so Mako didn’t bother him.