V.

I wake up next to Ian. His arm draped across my waist, his eyes blinking up to me. 

"Are you hungry? I'm sure I could muster something from your kitchen for breakfast?" His morning voice speaks groggily and low. 

"I think I have stuff for pancakes, and I know I have sausage." I reply, still half asleep. I feel the bed dip, and I know his weight has lifted and he has disappeared to the kitchen. My eyes fall, and I can feel myself falling back into sleep. 

"Viv." He says, and I can feel his lips kissing  my eyelids. Trying to pry me back to awareness. My eyes flutter open, and my eyes first meet his bare skin. I can see his broad shoulders, shirtless. 

"I'll wake you up when foods ready." And I faintly hear his footsteps exit to my kitchen. 

...  

The smell of sausage fills my senses and brings me out of my sleep. 

I swing my legs off of my be and find Ian and the food. I quickly realize that I am only in panties and the first thing I see is Ian's black T-shirt from last night crumpled on the floor. I grab it and throw it over my head, making my way to the kitchen. 

I see Ian dancing to the music quietly playing from his phone. Bobbing his head and playfully swinging his hips that are only adorned with his boxers. I watch him for an entire song before he catches me.

"Well, good mornin', Happy feet," I smile at him, laughing.

"I like the way you look in my shirt," he completely disregards my statement and smirks at me. "I want to see that more often."

He sets the food down and steps towards me, hands meeting my hips to pull me against his own. Lips meet my forehead and coming down to meet mine, softly. He pulls away slowly only to take my hand in his and spin me to the rhythm of the music. We slow dance, laugh, and exchange warm kisses. He bows to me and hands a plate of food. 

We sit at the island, drinking orange juice and eating pancakes with sausage. His left hand caressing my right upper thigh, drawing circles and patterns with his thumb. 

The sound of my door opening and footsteps walking in catches up both off guard. 

I have to keep my voice low, but I speak with urgency. "Ian, go to the bathroom. Don't make a sound. That's Nina."

His eyes widen and I can see the worry dilate into his pupils. With great speed, he's on his feet and running for the bathroom. 

"Viv?" I hear Nina ask loudly through my studio, her voice echoing off the cemented walls. 

"In here!" I yell back, keeping my seat.

I hear her walk up behind me, along with a second set of footsteps that I can only assume belong to Kat. 

"Who's plate is that?" She questions me with an eyebrow arched. 

"Oh! Uh, my mom was here but she had to go in a hurry," I stammer out, stumbling over my words, laughing nervously.

"Is that your mom's shirt, too?" Her voice sounding more aggressive this time. 

"No, this is-" I was cut off when Ian's booming voice occupies all sound in my apartment. "You know what? I can explain."

All three of our heads snap in his direction and I can see the way Nina is looking at us, him in only his boxers, and me with his shirt on with no pants. Her eyes flick back and forth between us, the anger rising up to her face, fists clenched. 

Kat's jaw is dropped, unsure of how to interact with the situation taking place before her. "I'm just gonna go." She says slowly, backing out of the room and making her way back to the front door.