Chapter 12

Erza POV

I made my way through the crowded streets to the hotel the Fairy Tail Guild was staying in. Strangely enough it was the same hotel. I guess it's because in either timeline the Fairy Tail Guild still was struggling with money. I knock on the door. It is opened by Jet.

"Jet." I greet. Then to the figure standing behind Jet. "Droy."

"Guys?" Droy called into the hotel. "Why is one of the King's guards here?"

"You didn't blow anything up this time did you Natsu?" Jet asked.

"What? No!" Natsu called. "Nothing since this morning. The floating thingy doesn't count either."

"The 'floating thingy' is called the preliminary of the Grand Magic Games, Natsu." Lucy called out.

I push past Jet and Droy into the main room. Levy was on the couch reading with Charla asleep on her head.

She looked up from what she was reading. "Who are you?"

"Erza." I reply. Levy's eyes grow wide.

"So you have the spell that did all this?"

I nodded and took it out of my pocket. I handed it over to Levy as Natsu, Mystogan, Happy and Lucy came into the room. Gray followed from behind soon afterwards.

☯☯☯

Gray POV

Levy laughed. "This spell is actually so easy. It reads: This spell will send you back to a time before you met. Only this time something will be different. You will only return back to your time when you have realized what is different. Note the difference will be one thing.

"I think that's pretty self explanatory" Juvia said from where she had joined me in the room. Lyon stood on her other side holding Frosch. Lector flew above head.

"There are no Dragon Slayers." Natsu said. He looked around the room but the spell never activated.

"Yes, that's true. But also the book's of Zeref don't exist." I said.

"I have discovered that the Eclipse Gate also doesn't exist." Erza informed​ us.

"Maybe these things all come from one single event in time." Lyon suggested.

"Like ripple effects." Levy added in.

"Let's list everything we know about these things. For Example, we know that the Eclipse Gate can only be opened by celestial spirit keys. So maybe there are no celestial spirit keys. Except that Lucy has some." Erza said.

"We know that you can time travel through the gate." Lucy adds in. "So maybe whoever created it never needed to time travel."

"Yeah but who created it?" I asked.

☯☯☯

Lucy POV

The group paused before Erza moved on to the next topic. "So why would there be no Dragon Slayers?"

"I guess the dragon's just never raised their human children." Gray said hesitantly.

"Or Acnologia already killed them all." Natsu said sadly.

"Let's hope not." I said quietly.

"What about the books of Zeref?" Lyon asked. "Maybe Zeref never created them."

"From what I have heard the books of Zeref is very powerful magic. But so is a gate that can cross through time." Mystogan observed. "You guys live in a very powerful timeline. I would fear having this Zeref or this Acnologia as my enemies."

"That reminds me!" Erza said. "In our timeline Jellal said that the people who used the Eclipse Gate became infused with Black Magic, Zeref's magic."

"So maybe Zeref created the Eclipse Gate!" Levy said excitedly.

"So this is a world where Zeref doesn't exist?" Happy asked.

☯☯☯

Natsu POV

"Are you guys alright?" Wendy asked.

"You look like you've seen a ghost." Charla noted.

We were back in our guildhall. We had broke the spell.

The end.

Thanks for reading. I welcome constructive criticism. If you liked it please don't forget to vote.